Awning light

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm
by Sue540 (deleted)

Hi all, replacing complete awning light unit on 2005 troll for new with LEDs any advice please.Thank you,
Sue

Scroll up

RE: Awning light

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:07 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.314 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Sue, do you need to replace the full unit. It is the lens/surround that goes misty as the wrong bulbs have been fitted whilst the rubber gasket seal becomes crumbly. You can just get the cover. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/174317426997?...T8AAOSwvgdW5qBM
Other option is a complete alternative unit. I fitted one a bit like this on my previous van. Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233231047053?...7Cclp%3A2047675

Colin

The following contents have been linked to this post:

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:13 pm
by Sue540 (deleted)

Hi Colin, yes have the new unit ready but insides look completely different thought it could just be plugged in. Sue

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:26 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.314 Posts

Sue, after a bit of searching I've found what I posted "somewhere else" back in late Aug 2013. It may help:-

Fitting the new one was a bit time consuming, but basically entailed:-
- remove the wooden strip trim in the wardrobe where roof material meets walls.
- remove staples that hold roof material.
- locate wires.
- remove exterior light, cutting wire as close to bulb fitting as possible.
- clean surrounding area.
- drill extra mounting holes in new light body to save more holes in van.
- solder ends of wires on new light to existing wiring and wrap tape over the joints. [you may need to cut back two duplicate original wires, or be able to use existing wire terminals instead of soldering, depending on length of wires.
- seal/tape over any holes not needed.
- fix body of new light to van using short stainless screws and a bead of sealant along top edge. [do NOT seal bottom edge as this will allow any water that did enter a route out]
- slide the led strip into place and push fit end caps, again with a little sealant.
- inside re-staple lining and fix trim

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105693 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4