Exposed Wardrobe electrics

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:02 pm
by Easypeasy (deleted)

Hi,
my recent new purchase, a 2021 GT550 was supplied to me with some of the wardrobe electrics exposed & some covered with a back box.(see pic)
20210803_110531.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
I know that these are only 12v elecs but I feel they are prone to damage or shorting from belt buckles. zips etc.
Are Eribas always supplied in this state?, or do others have this problem.
I have researched various elecs suppliers but cannot find the pattern of grey backbox that Hymer use to fit myself as I'm pretty sure the Dealer will not be interested, any ideas?

Scroll up

RE: Exposed Wardrobe electrics

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:16 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.005 Posts

It does look very untidy, though I can't see any exposed copper wire. Still not good as those loops of wire could easily get caught on something. It needs to go back to the dealer for repair, not of merchantable quality.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:22 pm
by AlanC | 93 Posts

I have seen these covers on the Clearcut website
https://clearcutconversions.co.uk/

Worth a phone call.

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:43 pm

Why should the buyer of a new van buy covers? It's the dealers responsibility and they'll be recompense by Hymer under warranty terms.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:49 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

I sent this earlier as a PM as post was originally in the wrong place:-

What you have is as all vans leave the factory. The argument is the exposed wires are 12v and will not cause a safety issue. I did not like the exposed wires and when I inspected my van a few days prior to collection and told the dealer it was not acceptable. They rewired the back of the light switch and main 12v isolator with back boxes. You can source these yourself for only a couple of pounds from Clearcut Conversions.They stock the full range of sockets, switches, facias, back boxes etc for you to add whatever you would like to match original factory fittings

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:34 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

Mine is the same, it is a 2015 with exposed wires.

PXL_20210815_180822279.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:49 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Our Familia and the Triton that replaced it (both 2016 models) were the same.
All 240 volt circuits have back boxes and are quite safe.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:52 am
by AlanC | 93 Posts

Another supplier of the back covers is Rainbow Conversions
www.rainbow-conversions.co.uk

Alan

Liz and Alan
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:12 am
by Easypeasy (deleted)

Thanks to members advising of my wrong listing & where these matching, shallow grey back boxes can be found, unfortunately I cannot find them on their websites.
I have had so much bad service from my dealer (in Nottingham) that I really don't feel like contacting them or being involved with them in any way, in fear of yet more disappointment, but I'm pretty sure that a cover should have been fitted as it is on the 12v electrics above it, by the shelf.
Now that Becks has closed, there are no dealers in East Anglia that are nearer for my warranty or other work, surely that's an opening for someone to set one up, come on entrepreneurs, we're waiting to spend our money!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:25 am
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:56 am
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

Our 2015 Triton 420 is fairly neat in respect of the wiring. Most of the switches are on panels where the rear is hidden from view or behind an access panel.
The exposed switches all have covers.
The rear of our main breaker and light switches on the wardrobe panel are covered with these.

switch covers.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I can't say if these were an original factory fit as we bought our Eriba 2nd hand, but it is a neat solution which would be an easy retrofit and cost very little.

This type of cover seems to be readily available on ebay and some dealers

for example....

https://www.aandlleisure.co.uk/caravan-m...e987-1653-p.asp

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi

Last edited Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:39 pm
by JefL | 95 Posts

Well, I stand corrected. I have just checked our Triton and all switches in the wardrobe have the plastic covers fitted.
Yet they definitely weren't on our original Familia, because I can remember routing out a little plywood cover for the light and 12V isolator switches on the wardrobe side and screwing it in place.
Should have checked first and not assumed what I thought I had seen. I'll go sit on the naughty step for an hour or two.

Jef
Freelander 2 and Big Ben, the 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:25 pm

There's no room Jef, I'm permanently on the naughty step and claim squatters rights.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:55 pm
by Easypeasy (deleted)

Thanks Stevejoyce, those covers will do if I can't find the correct ones, I have removed the one fitted above in the wardrobe to illustrate(see pic) 20210817_134255.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte), I really would like to match this if possible, it may be a type of cover that Hymer also use on their motorhomes etc, I would need three, fitted in a row to cover the collection of exposed elecs. in my caravan.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:36 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

it looks like they still supply them from new with exposed wires, have a look at 5:14 on the video.

If you put it on English translate go to 3:53, he looks at the bed and it translates to "Here I would punish you, sit down and have a big one"

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

eribaMotters and like this post!
Last edited Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:40 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105695 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2