Door lock warning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

After a nice trip to Somerset from Merseyside, new awning set up and a nice cup of tee, I locked myself out. Fortunately all ended well and I did not have to resort to cutting my spare key off the axle. Unfortunately my back does not feel good.
10 minutes later I’d climbed through the unserved hatch and got to the door. The catch was up and I can only assume I managed to flick it up on the way out. Be warned.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Aycee and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Door lock warning

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:55 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

It's a common problem Colin, mine did the same to me about four years ago, fortunately I managed to open a window with some stiff wire. I have had a spare key cut which I haven't had to use since, I never close the door with the keys in the van now.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

My goodness Colin were you the cat burglar of Essex in an earlier life, who was never caught and fled to the North?

Well-impressed by your agility and dexterity. I think I would have still be sitting outside the van weeping.

Trying to think how you could have just flicked up the catch accidently - as you say a lesson to us all.

I like a story with a happy ending - well except for your back

MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:26 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

if you caught the catch and put it in the locked position with the door open, surely the catch would be locked and the door would not shut. will try it tomorrow on my Troll

troll 530GT pushing Kia sportage awd
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:32 pm
by Aycee | 36 Posts

Thanks for the info, I didn’t realise the door could be locked without using the key. I tried it today and it’s quite easy to nudge the lever to the locked position. Maybe time to keep a spare key in the car!

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:44 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Kath and I have been discussing that very thing this evening after Colin's recent post.

Think we might get one or even two to keep somewhere safe outside the van

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105690 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2