Isabella Capri North

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:41 pm
by Easypeasy (deleted)

Hi all, I have recently purchased a new Isabella North Awning for my new Troll, I have had a few issues as wrong roof parts were supplied in my kit, these are currently being sorted by the supplier & manufacturer.
My question is, did anyone out there puchase this same awning & was a clip-on gutterseal included with the awning ?
I have read on this forum that this clip-on seal is necessary to waterproof the awning/caravan join fully, if that's the case then it really should not be an 'extra' that customers should buy to make the awning waterproof, especially as it cost nearly £2000.
Is this gutter seal included as standard on any other make of Eriba awning ?

Scroll up

RE: Isabella Capri North

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:34 pm
by Just_Chilin (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I believe the Walker Touring Plus comes with the roof gutter seal but since I bought the awning second hand I cant be 100% sure. That said, this model is specifically for the the Eriba range so I would expect it to be included

Screenshot 2021-08-24 at 20.25.15.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

You can get a replacement off eBay for about £20 (assuming its the same as the Walker one that is): Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122843171771

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:54 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:06 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

We got our Walker brand new and it didn't come with the weather strip.

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:46 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

Out of interest, when did you buy your awning?

Screenshot 2021-08-25 at 09.43.16.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

This is the Walker web-site today: it states "Available: plastic rain deflector: INCLUSIVE for Eriba Touring Familia, Triton and Troll" so I would expect a new one to have it included?

Last edited Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:47 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:48 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

To be fair it was in 2017, things may have changed since then.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:09 am
by Just_Chilin (deleted)

The person I bought mine off couldnt get his strip to fit so cut it into 1m lengths but still struggled with it so apparently threw them away.

I used the awning without the strip properly fitted and after heavy rain water dripped into the van along the awning/van join.

After buying/fitting the replacement (albeit it in black) it hasnt leasked since:) - the biggest challenge is remembering the correct fitting sequence: I dont find it a problem to fit the strip to the rail (but do need steps to reach!)

1) fit rubber strip to rail
2) pull awning into place on rail
3) fold flap from awning over top of rubber strip
4) fit poles and erect awning

I once forgot step 3 and having completed step 4 wasnt going to collapse the awning again to do so: lesson learnt!

here is a picture of the strip in situ: I could have shortened it but havent bothered

IMG_1419.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:34 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1