Swan Neck Tow Ball

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:06 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Yesterday, one of our sons bought a Vauxhall Insignia Estate and it has a swan neck tow ball attached. Looks like its removable and may be a Witter.

However I can't see any electrics for it but I presume that if the tow ball is removable then the electrics must be tucked away somewhere or can be unplugged.

Any ideas?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Swan Neck Tow Ball

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:47 am
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

My Yeti had a removable swan neck and the electrics were on a pivot down plate so it's worth a look underneath. How about popping one of the interior boot panels to see if any wiring leads to the underside.
Other alternative could be the tow bar was attached for a cycle carrier and no electrics have been fitted.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:52 am

Thanks Colin. I don't do "underneath" any more. OK getting down there but no way of getting up again. However I'll pass the message on to our son and he can have a peek.

He doesn't need a tow bar but as you say, it could be useful to carry his bike.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:56 pm
by Raconteur (deleted)

We have a removable Witter towbar. The electrics tuck away really well, difficult to see and the fitter told us that was the point but I have on a couple of occasions been concerned that they are so hidden that they wont pivot down!

Skoda and 540GT
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:09 pm
by Tin Head | 49 Posts

On our Skoda the electrics are tucked up beside the tow bar ‘ swan neck ‘ and I just swing them down when we want to use them.Even if I leave the swan neck attached which I do often , I just push the electrics back out the way it helps keep them clean and dry etc

Martin & Jackie, Skoda Octavia Scout and our 542GT 60th Edition 2018.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:42 pm

Thanks all. Just found this and passed on your comments to my son. He'll have to climb under the car and take a look. I imagine the tow ball is still in place due to a lost key?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpzhWqp8p5M

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2