Eriba Puck 1981 for sale, mostly original

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:13 pm
by Gasgas (deleted)

0766A689-9405-47E5-84EB-66D62DFEF7D9.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)162D02DE-36A9-48AF-BBB8-90818FC082AB.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)B8597729-84FA-4EA8-8287-A9C8AFC225CA.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)A2923C8B-3250-4293-8A55-BA01802CE4C0.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)C2F9C1A7-F562-44D9-A3C4-EE2288729A78.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)1EC19A63-C452-4859-B573-BAF12A9CC308.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)94B3C023-7FD6-4FC1-9748-C9B8902EE73A.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)A81B9BE3-F543-48EE-A98C-0E8C23356EC8.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)81F0D9D9-BA00-4EC7-80F6-B421044B797C.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)I have spent most of this year rebuilding my 1981 Puck. Originally the only reason I bought it was that the interior, the pop top, the rear lights and so on were original and in particular the sofa coverings, the curtains, the pop top canvas, the interior light perspex covers were 'like new'. The colours of the materials are quite outstanding, specially after I had laundered them. The rear light lenses are original, and there are no dents in the bodywork as there are on a lot I have seen advertised.
I bought it as a 'rebuild' project because the front outer parts of the chassis had gone all rusty and horrible. I removed all the furniture and the front part of the floor, fabricated new chassis parts and welded them in place. This of course included some short lengths of vertical tubing which had also gone rusty. Before re-attaching the outer skin I painted the chassis with two coats of Hammerite and insulated them from the aluminium skin with Denso tape.
I have rewired the terminals at all the lights, and run new 12S and 12N cables to the front. I have fitted a new 230v input socket, a new 2 way consumer unit with RCDs, a new battery charger and one 13A socket under the wardrobe. Both the lights have european 230v sockets built into them. Each lamp unit has a 230v bulb and a 12v bulb. A leisure battery is included.
Another thing that struck me when I first saw it is that it has a gas locker at the front which is made of the same materials as the main body which made me wonder if a previous owner had worked at the factory. I had to rebuild the inside of the locker as it had gone rotten.
I have replaced some of the black plastic aluminium trim inserts, but I have not replaced any window seals. The buyer might like to take this on as they are showing signs of their age although they are intact. The window seals, not the buyer.
It has a spare wheel kept under the floor at the back and I have fitted two new tyres. I have dismantled, cleaned, re-greased and adjusted the wheel bearings. The brake shoes are intact and working properly.
I have fitted 2 new gas bottle holders and rubber supply pipe, I have cleaned the gas parts of the fridge and fitted a new thermocouple. The fridge works perfectly on mains, gas and 12v. I am a retired gas safe registered engineer and have checked the gas system, small as it is and all is well with it. I have fitted a new submersible water pump. The original Eriba ?10 litre water bottle is included and lives under the sink.
Underneath it has two width-ways lockers which house the awning poles. It does include an awning.
At the rear a previous owner has made a frame which takes a full-width luggage box, which is very rugged and strong. This box sits on the frame, which in turn slots into tubes welded on to the caravan's chassis. The box has a set of rear lights and a cable which plugs into a 12N socket at the rear of the caravan.
The price is £5200 to include the awning and new caravan cover. It is a 1981 caravan and so is not perfect - but then neither are a lot of brand new motorhomes as I have discovered to my cost. You would want to replace the front and two side window seals, and some new waistline inserts if you want perfection. There are a few scratch marks on the wooden interior furnishings but I have found that just rubbing some purpose-made restorer colours over them makes them virtuallly disappear. I will see if I can finish this.
I have been away on holiday in it and enjoyed it, and of course as you would expect my friends all came in and marvelled at it!
You are welcome to come and view it and do any inspection you like. I live at Lutterworth about half a mile from the M1 J20. Andrew Harcourt Tel 07913484109 email guzzi7509@gmail.com

Last edited Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:20 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105786 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2