Help please How to stop the non stop whistling kettle like noise coming from our caravan. It is driving us mad

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:46 am
by DafyddPort (deleted)

How do we stop it? What is it? Cannot stop it. Please for sanity sake help ux. The caravan has a new Banner battery AGM (Absorbent Glass Matt) 3x 3x It is a 592 01 12v 92 Ah This noise has gone on for days and days and we cannot stop it. We have been advised to charge the battery via the caravan's own charger and this is day 2 of that and no change has happened. Has anyone ever experienced such a thing? the caravan has a small solar panel. Could this possibly have anything to do with it? How do we know it is working/? Dafydd and Beryl Eriba Troll 555GT . We live in SW France area 47.

We wish to record our heartfelt thanks fo all the members of Eriba Folk for their assistance regarding the electrical problems we experienced with your recently aquired Eriba 555GT especially Randa and John England. Dafydd and Beryl

Old Rocker likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Help please How to stop the non stop whistling kettle like noise coming from our caravan. It is driving us mad

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:38 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 212 Posts

Hi, sorry you didn’t get any response last weekend.
Is this resolved yet? I seem to think that there was a similar issue a few months ago with someone on Facebook.
To get targeted help, can you add details such as the model and age of your van, and ideally the make of the electric fuse box/ power supply?

Does the whistling continue when you disconnect the mains supply?
Can you disconnect the battery +ve terminal? (Put a plastic bag over it to make sure nothing shorts out.)
It’s going to be a case of disconnecting different parts of the caravan circuits in different combinations until you find the cause. If you’re not confident or comfortable doing this yourself then try an auto garage / control technique for help.

Scroll up

RE: Help please How to stop the non stop whistling kettle like noise coming from our caravan. It is driving us mad

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:19 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

I seem to remember this coming up fairly recently too but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. Any clue as to where the noise is coming from?

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:25 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I think Dafydd is quoting his own post as a reference for his thanks to the members at the end of it.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:48 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Ah yes, now I remember why I didn't respond to it initially.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:11 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 212 Posts

Doh! 🤣🤣

Last edited Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:23 am
by dranddad (deleted)
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0