Pop top netting

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:30 am
by Davidlewis (deleted)

Hi, introduction 2 mins ago.. Here is the first question.
We notice many pop tops have a net/fly curtain over the zipper openings. Are these bought from somewhere, if so where? Or home made?
Thanks

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Pop top netting

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:39 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

There was somebody advertising on e-bay a while ago who offered made to your specification/colour I believe. They have the templates so what they make does fit. Several owners have also had success with taking the original out and giving a good clean. I think eribanut [Mike] bought some new mesh for his and swapped it over so that could be worth considering.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:09 am
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi David. Have you got a new poptop canvas fitted ? The reason I ask is because Eribas up to around 2000 didn't have traingles of vent netting fitted but had/have a long piece of netting at canvas height plus a bit, sewn into a ring and one edge of the netting has a ring of velcro (the furry bit) stitched onto it. There's also velco (the spikey bit) stuck in a ring all around the top edge of the poptop roof just above the canvas.

The netting is then fitted using the velcro and the extra depth of netting (the plus a bit) is tucked into the rim of the main roof alongside the fabric. This means that the whole ring of netting can be removed for washing from time to time. At least that's what happens on all the other models so I'm asuuming the same thing applies to the Puck.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:39 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

I had new fly curtains for my Eriba Triton made by ; https://matts-soft-tops.co.uk/

Hope this helps .

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:39 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Contact/private message malcolml7533,for replacement mesh screens very good quality made by his daughter I believe

Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Ray Lawrence likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:37 pm
by Davidlewis (deleted)

Thanks to all. Randa: I'll have a closer look at the weekend. It's 1996 but could be removed or just not ever fitted.
And thanks for contact details also

1996 Puck 120
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:12 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi David. I've linked to one of Tony Lloyd's photos of a 1996 Puck he's recently sold (Eriba Caravan Sales) and also borrowed one of the pics which shows a complete mesh/net as I thought.

https://www.eribacaravansales.co.uk/eriba-puck-1996-sold-3/

Puck 01.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Puck 02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:41 am
by cabbie37 | 644 Posts

My van isn't here (2002 Troll), so can't confirm, but I have a recollection that as well as the velcro tape at the top of the netting to fix it to the roof as Randa mentions in post #3, there is a small 'weighted' cord sewn into the bottom that helps it kept tucked in at the bottom...

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:43 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:39 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

You can make your own with only basic sewing skills. They're small so you don't even need a sewing machine.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:35 am
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

That weighted cord is also used for curtains. it is added into the hem.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
One man and his dog.. retired 🐶
and cabbie37 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:53 pm
by DafyddPort (deleted)

just made mine out of the spare mosquito netting left from covering our large conservatory windows. Difficult to fit, even with my small hands

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1