It's a bit windy

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:13 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.319 Posts

Formby, 1/2 mile in from the coast and the wind is picking up. Next door neighbour has knocked, her gate has blown off and she cannot find the dog. I've gone out and found one of my trees happily bouncing around at 45 degrees in 60+ mph winds. I've re-strapped it to the post and when I turn around I hear a crack as the post snaps. I've now got webbing straps around the tree across the garden and around the fence to hold it upright.
No fence panels down or bins blown into the street yet, but I know the X-Mas tree in the high street is down, and across the roundabout.
I don't think we'll have the bedroom window open tonight. wonder what the morning will bring.

Colin

Update, next doors shed roof has lost it's felt and is now hanging over my fence, our garden table cover has decided to take a holiday in direction of next door, one of the garden gnomes has decided to have a lie down and we have a very confused hedgehog wandering around the front garden. Oh TV reception is terrible.

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

scouteralf, campnsnooze and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:42 pm | Scroll up

RE: It's a bit windy

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:10 pm
by reba | 20 Posts

Barrier's bent and on the floor but we have survived so far at Kendal CCC.

mitsubishi asx, to the rear troll 550
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:29 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #1
Oh TV reception is terrible.

That's a shame - you'll miss the weather forecast, Colin.

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:33 am

You are very brave Reba. Some may use another description though.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:38 am

I cannot moan John. The old boy next door has lost a couple of ridge tiles and his aerial is pointing in a strange direction. Strange thig is no plant pots etc have moved.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:50 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #1
Formby, 1/2 mile in from the coast and the wind is picking up. Next door neighbour has knocked, her gate has blown off and she cannot find the dog.

...our garden table cover has decided to take a holiday in direction of next door, one of the garden gnomes has decided to have a lie down and we have a very confused hedgehog wandering around the front garden. Oh TV reception is terrible.
Never mind about gnomes and table covers, what happened to the dog?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:57 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Very windy in Bury Lancashire with snow on the hills, I lost a fence panel and a window in my greenhouse..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:04 pm

I think she got it back, or at least I'm assuming so. I'm not really interested in the 4 legged poo machines, I think because of having to clear up after my mothers smelly dog.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:06 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #8
I think she got it back, or at least I'm assuming so.
I'd have asked. Seems like the thoughtful thing to do.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Under normal circumstances I would totally agree, there is however "history" between us and the lady. In fact there is "history" between her and most of the street.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:27 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

With the severity of the storm last night, I'm really worried about the trees in our garden.

Mostly because we didn't have any before.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:14 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

We had our usual Friday night tennis over 60s mixed doubles game last night in Clitheroe Indoor Tennis Centre. We have played every winter for years but last night was very frightening.

The two couples on the other court got really nervy and gave up after an hour. We played on but every few minutes it sounded like the bubble (like a large heated caravan awning) was going to take off. When we came off court at ten there were branches of trees flying all over the car park and the road was flooded.

Can't remember a night for a long time with such powerful winds blowing from an unusual direction.

This morning there were trees down all over the rural roads and power was out to lots of the villages in the valley.

A scary night indeed

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12532 topics and 105722 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1