Citroën C3 to tow PUCK

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:53 pm
by eranjiba (deleted)

I'm interested in buying an Eriba Puck and have been doing lots of homework on it. Exhausting! My current car is a 2016 Citroën C3 Edition Puretech 1.2L. Apparently it will tow a Puck OK, having done the maths. I need to get a towbar fitted (c £500). Now I'm wondering whether to invest in something a bit more robust and newer (preferably with towbar already fitted!) Does anyone out there have this C3/Puck outfit (see I'm getting into the jargon...) and does it work ok? Of course getting hold of a second-hand car these days is not straightforward with everything that's been happening....Any advise gratefully received.

Last edited Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:51 am | Scroll up

RE: Citroen C3 to tow PUCK

in We've got it down to a T Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:17 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

According to HJ the 2016 1.2 C3 has a towing limit of 1100kg or 1150kg, depending on the engine power rating. You should always check a car's mandatory VIN plate to ascertain the weight limits. Gross Train Weight minus Gross Vehicle Weight will give you the legal towing limit. IIRC a Puck has a maximum weight well below 1000kg and should therefore be fine to be pulled by a C3. The other ratios to check is that the potential maximum weight of the rig is more than 40PS per tonne and that the torque is more than 60Nm per tonne. Anything below those figures will be hard work towing.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1