Toilet fill and flush

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:01 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I'm posting this on behalf of a pal who has recently joined the forum, but is away from his computer and cant remember his logon credentials. He has recently purchased a 2007 420 GT and is having a problem with his tolet fill and flush. It's only his second time away in it (the last was last weekend!) so be kind. I am unable to give precise advice as his van has powered flush of which I have had no experience. His problems are two fold.

One. He is unable to fill the flush reservoir. On trying to do that, the filler tube fills with 1/2 pint of water and then does not drain int the tank. The sight tube remains empty.

Two. The electric flush does not work. He is pretty confident all the fuses are ok (and I trust him when he says that) but it could be that if the tank is empty, the flush will not run.

Can anyone suggest what he might do to overcome this issue please? He is in the deepest Fens, surrounded by what he describes as wind farms and brussel sprouts...

Any advice gratefully recieved I will pass on to him tout de suite...

[[File:986ec7a9-59b3-4449-9555-0784dc76883b.JPG|none|auto]]

Last edited Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:10 pm | Scroll up

RE: Toilet fill and flush

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:13 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

There - and as soon as I post the question, he resolves it. By adding an extension to the filler neck this apparently allows the water level to be higher than the rim of the filler which allows it then to flow over the u bend and into the tank.

Different from my Troll...

Hey-ho...

Last edited Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:13 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:39 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Hugh, tell him he does not ned the extension, all he has to do is fill slowly and all will be fine. When you first fill one of these toilet reservoirs it seems to defy logic and you expect a flood over your shoes.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Steamdrivenandy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:50 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

As far as the toilet flush is concerned, we have come across this twice and both times getting access to the pump itself and giving it a whack on something hard has worked a treat. Think it's a slight build up of limescale on the impeller.. Doesn't take much to gum them up!

Skoda Yeti 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:11 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

The water level in the flush tank is shown by the amount of water in the clear tube. The filler spout is like the U bend on a toilet and will always have some water in it. If you pour water in fast the spout may overflow because the water can't get through into the tank fast enough. If you pour it in steadily it will take about 10 litres IIRC. As to the pump, they can stick, especially when they've been left dry for sometime. Taking them out and twiddling the central spindle normally has them fizzing away merrily. If you can work out where they are inside and can safely clout nearby that can work too.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:56 am
by Erica (deleted)

Troll flush not working. Thought I was the fuse gone. However, seems the impeller is seized. I’ve got in there as a none techie, but don’t know how to get the pump out to twiddle with it or hit it as recommended. Can anybody help me locate and suggest pump extraction routine? Many thanks, Erica (the Eriba)

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:11 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 995 Posts

We really need to know which toilet you have?

Prior to about 2005 they were manual flush pump bench type. Then from '05 to '09 they electric flush bench type. Then from '10 to '14 they were electric flush swivel toilets and from '14 onwards they've been electric flush bench type again.

Whilst I've twizzled the sindle on many a Thetty, I've never had to do it on an Eriba and therefore I've not had the pleasure of removing any of the pumps on the types mentioned.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:44 am
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

Our 2005 Triton has the electric flush bench type. It has clearly gone wrong in the past and the built-in push button operation (and toilet full warning light) have been bypassed with just a simple push-to-make switch replacing it. The flush pump is so loud I never feel happy using it at night - I much preferred previous Eribas we had with manual flush levers that never went wrong and were so quiet in use...

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:58 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105592 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0