1980 AL-KO tow hitch lock - replacement key - security and insurance.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:59 pm
by Kingsdown Trio | 13 Posts

IMG_9794.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Hello all, newbie here - I’ve been reading on the forum about security and have found a suitable and recommended wheel lock. I’m very confused about the tow hitch lock. If I can’t find a replacement key, do I need something that covers it to stop it being operated? I’ve attached a couple of photos. To add a little bit of context, I used to be a solo lightweight cycle camper, but now have a wonderful family and a jockey wheel that weighs more than my bicycle frame!!! IMG_9795.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: 1980 AL-KO tow hitch lock - replacement key - security and insurance.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:37 pm
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

Hi. Yes, you'll find that UK Insurance companies insist on a wheel lock and a hitch lock.

If you can't find the key to your hitch then I would try one of these (see link below) as long as the dimensions given suit your hitch. I presume that they would be acceptable to Insurance Companies, the only drawback being is that you would not be able to lock the Eriba to the car while towing.

It is debatable whether you should lock your van to your car anyway. Some say it would impede quick seperation should one or other of the tied vehicles catch fire.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tevlaphee-Adjus...T1zcF9hdGY&th=1

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Simboc2004 and Dranddad like this post!
Last edited Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:42 pm | Scroll up

RE: 1980 AL-KO tow hitch lock - replacement key - security and insurance.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:13 pm
by Kingsdown Trio | 13 Posts

Thanks again Randa for your swift response and advice. It’s simply to keep our Puck safe and insured while on the driveway. Nice one 👍

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105591 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2