Caravan number plates

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:46 pm
by eranjiba (deleted)

I'm assuming I can choose any shape/dimension for my caravan number plate, or does it have to match the car? My car has standard oblong plate, but previous owners of my Puck appear to have had a square one on the caravan. Is it ok to have oblong for car and square for caravan? Silly question probably but don't want to get caught out.

Scroll up

RE: Caravan number plates

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:24 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

A square plate would be just fine and in keeping with your Puck.

I think you will find some LR Discovery's had oblong on the front and square on the back.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:22 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi Anji. As Charlie says. In fact, if your Puck has a square mounting bracket on the back under one of the light clusters, legally you'll need to fit a square plate so the number plate light will do its job.
Any Eriba built before 2000 will normally have a square number plate.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:33 pm
by eranjiba (deleted)

There's no bracket. There are 2 holes where presumably a plate was screwed on, and other holes bunged up, and residue from sticky pads. So all sorts have been applied. It is 28 yrs old after all! Ok, just had a close look and I see the right light cluster differs to the left - underside appears to have a light for the number plate. It looks like the number plate was closer in dimension (8"x7") to a motorcycle plate but not sure that is legal on a caravan. The standard ones for car are a massive 11"x8" approx. Guess I go for that. What's best - plastic plate with sticky pads? (an old car of mine had stick-on plates and kept coming off when the sun shone so a bit wary!) Anji

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:49 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

20200824_141454_LI.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

My Puck has a 11x 8 square(ish) plate, stuck on with sticky pads. Several years on and no sign of it coming off so far!

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:28 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

We had our number plate stuck on with sticky pads. In admittedly very nice weather in France the plate came off. A lovely French Eriba owner riveted the plate back on, it’s solid. Now I just worry what I’ll do if I ever change the car 🤔

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
and Steamdrivenandy like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:34 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Julie, they seem to be able to change them without damaging the van. I was worried about that when we bought Betty but it was fine.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Julie Grafo likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 20 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1