European Breakdown cover..

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:15 pm
by pugcd52 | 8 Posts

Any suggestions to go with. and reliability would be welcome please.
TIA.

Scroll up

RE: European Breakdown cover..

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:56 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I'm guessing you are towing your Eriba, so are not just thinking about the car. As such there is commonly thought to be only one answer, Red Pennant through C&MC. The difference between this and others is it covers the caravan as a stand alone item as well as the car. That is if the caravan breaks it will come out to fix it. Consider it could cost over £3,000 to recover a vehicle from the south of France, at least I was told so about 15 year ago.
It is not the cheapest of covers, but with careful planning you can get it to be good value. We have two European holidays planed for this year, June/July and again end of August/Sept. We will take out a 45 days multi policy for the year, meaning we can also get in a May/June 2023 for the years cover. For car, caravan and personal/health insurance for the two of us this works out at £368.

Colin

ps - I forgot to add that in 2016 I called them out on a Sunday morning deep in the middle of a forest campsite in the Dordogne. I had a caravan wheel locking up. Over the phone advice was offered but I knew more was needed. They booked me back into the site I had just left and got the ball rolling. No commercial vehicles are supposed to travel at such times but a few hours later I was on the road to our next site in the Loire. Our next site had been contacted by the C&MC to let them know I was running late. Excellent service.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france, pugcd52, Frantone and addisb like this post!
Last edited Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:13 am
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Green Flag also cover both caravan and towing vehicle. The only conditions are a 3.5 tonne weight limit. I have checked and they will come out and deal with caravan specific issues. European cover is available.

pugcd52 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:38 pm
by pugcd52 | 8 Posts

Thanks guys, i will look into them all.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2