It’s so difficult to buy a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 06, 2022 10:11 pm
by Simon Todd (deleted)

We’ll it’s been a right royal PITA so far as we have been trying to buy a new Eriba Feeling. Of all the dealerships, all but 1 refused to order one for us. The remaining 1 has been ok but it’s been a drawn out process (not their fault) but today some further details from them. We had always agreed that a larger deposit would be required but today it was confirmed that we can reserve a build slot for a deposit of £2000 with no details of the date just sometime next year. Then to confirm the build I would need to pay 50% of the purchase price when I confirm my specification. As it stands, there is no confirmation of prices, just that they’ve gone up, no confirmation of the spec or options and to be clear, this is not the fault of the dealer, they are trying to be helpful. All of this with a company 5 hours drive away that I’ve never visited so everything is by phone and email.
We’re now not sure, how safe is my money? What if the dealer goes bust? Is the deposit unreasonable and do I really want them to have £14k for at least 6 months if not a year?
I think I need a lie down…

Currently I own a Globecar Globescout panel van conversion but in process of swapping back to an Eriba
Scroll up

RE: It’s so difficult to buy a Feeling

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 06, 2022 10:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

PM sent. Also, have you considered approaching Red Lion to see if they could upgrade any of the three Feelings they have in stock to meet your requirements.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 06, 2022 10:32 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

No way I would ever consider that deal. I want to see it in front of me before parting with any money. I'd find a different hobby first !

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 06, 2022 10:37 pm

The purchase requirements are similar to the purchase I made of a factory order with Lowdhams in 2016 for a 2017 van.
They are nearly identical to the requirements Campirama of Belgium imposed upon my factory order of 2006 for a 2007 van.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 07, 2022 4:14 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

Is that same dealer imposing similar terms on factory order Touring range vans? I can't think that a Feeling range order should be any different. The only justification can be that they feel that there's a possibility you won't complete on the deal and they'll be left with a hard to sell model, whereas a factory order Touring might be easy to sell. Red Lion certainly seem to be finding difficult to move their 2022 Feeling stock on and Feelings traditionally haven't sold too well in the UK>.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat May 07, 2022 7:53 pm

The historically poor sales of Feelings in the UK is undoubtedly true, but the reasons why tell an interesting story.
You cannot deny the Feeling lacks the stunning looks of a Touring, the 442 in particular looks stretched, but then the 425 looks correct. Then again the Touring looks poorly proportioned in some models, the Familia is squashed whilst some Trolls [depending on door location] look stretched.
Feelings have never been promoted in the UK by Hymer which must be a good reason why sales have not taken off. In 2021 I believe only one van was being sold by a UK dealer, in 2022 we see three vans. How you can sell vans when you do not promote them or even show them to buyers is beyond me.
Hymer are selling Tourings at a good profit. If you compare a Feeling to a Troll on a direct specification comparison the Feeling is around £5K cheaper, so why would Hymer promote them. Indeed it is rumoured they will withdraw them from the UK.
If you step inside a Feeling, the first thing apart from the extra width that becomes obvious is the build quality. It is streets ahead of a new Touring. New Tourings have dipped to an embarrassing level compared to models of old. The quality of cabinetwork as reported by more than a few owners is very poor, electrics are problematic and damp has been a issue for some. Compared to other brands these reports are not so common, but for a premium product at a premium price it is not good. After owning 4 Tourings it is a reason why I am considering a Feeling for my next van.
The 3 Feelings at Red Lion are a mixed bag. The 425 with "rooms in the roof" was not a wise buy in. It is an extremely niche market and if you look at the NL dealers and Markplaats website uou will see these vans do not sell easily. The 442 is the same layout as a Troll 542. This is an odd model and owners who have gone on to trade vans back in report the model not being the most desirable. The 470 on sale is in theory a good van, but why a standard weight axle, why the steel wheels, why the expensive wind out awning. The specification of these vans is wrong for your average buyer. Red Lion did not order in the wrong vans but they did get the wrong specifications..

Colin

dbvwt likes this post!
Last edited Sat May 07, 2022 10:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:06 am
by Doreen the troll | 39 Posts

Hi, I owned a 2010 Feeling 390 which i believe is discontinued now. It had a rear kitchen and front seating/ bed conversion. We wanted a fixed bed in a Feeling but we were offered such a good trade in against a new Touring 535 that was in stock at ALV we took the decision to change. I have not, thankfully, noticed any of the build quality problems with the Touring that have been expressed but I do feel that the 2010 Feeling was on par if not slightly more “solid” than the current Touring.
Ours was a 2010 model and a large part of the internals were directly taken from the Hymer Nova range,(we owned one previous to the Feeling)
The new Feeling now seems to be more akin to the Hymer Nova Light, with the roof chopped off ! And I feel perceived build quality has dropped slightly because of this.
David

eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:14 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

The original range of Novas were much heavier vans and I'd say for a similar size to the equivalent Nova Light you're talking about a 1300kg versus a 1500kg one. The difference in material to achieve such a weight reduction makes all the difference in perceived quality.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1