Fitted roller flyscreen

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:08 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

My wife and I both have a huge hatred of mozzies and flies in the van. I would like to fit a roller blind style flyscreen to the entry door of our 2005 Triton - like (or identical to) the accessory one available from Eriba when the van was new. I have been searching for a few weeks now, however they seem to be impossible to source either as a new or used accessory and - of course - the new vans have a different sized door. The blinds were/are made for Hymer by Horrex in Holland, who still make similar generic roller blinds, however they are all much taller. In the instruction manual they tell you how to make the blind frame narrower, however there is no mention as to whether it's possible to reduce the height. Has anyone done this? I am happy to have a go (I'm a DT teacher), however the new cost is high...

I have recently found a place in Yorkshire that sells second hand Horrex doors for £75, so am now even more interested in having a go...

What do the experts on here think? Feasible...?

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

RE: Fitted roller flyscreen

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:53 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

This is how we overcame the problem :-

Home created door fly screen.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:23 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

I have one of those vertical roller blind screens on my 2004 540. It's a PITA!
To open it from the inside you're pretty well down on one knee, and opening from the outside against the mag clamps can result in it flying up unless you do it 2 handed - which ain't easy with the step out.
Solved with plastic strip bug blind from Amazon, shortened and shortened.
Each end has a re-shaped bit of wooden quadrant slimmed down so the curve is less than the black tube - that way the bits of plastic don't fall out! The hooks screw through the tube into the wood. I want to get some awning stops with eyes rather than wing nuts to hang on - this was just proof of concept.
It won't keep the determined mozzie out but is OK as a general screen.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 DSCN3682.JPG 
 DSCN3683.JPG 

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:27 pm
by Alan | 77 Posts

On my last Eriba I sourced a S/h fly screen and frame from a different make of van and with a hacksaw and drill cut it down to fit our Troll it cost £25 and a couple of hours work.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 03, 2022 5:30 pm
by Stevejoyce (deleted)

I thought that was a bit of jubilee bunting

Triton 420 towed by a Ford Kuga 2.0 TDCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105666 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2