Outside table

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 10:02 am
by williamte (deleted)

Is it possible to fit a table outside a 93 Puck? I had one on a newer and larger Eriba and miss having it. Any advice and suggestions welcome. Thanks

Scroll up

RE: Outside table

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 10:14 am
by Randa france | 12.881 Posts

Looking at the photos on the Puck picture gallery Bill, it certainly looks possible.
However you'll need to find the bit of steel framework that runs a little above the wheel arch so that you can drill and secure the table rail.
A magnet may be useful.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 2:04 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.010 Posts

The table on the outside thing seems to me to be a bit of a gimmick, which, if you think about it, is a bit naff.

The bloomin' table can only be fitted to one spot on the outside of the van, when a cheap, lightweight folding table with four legs can be used anywhere inside and outside the van and even in the garden or garage at home.

If you must try and fit the appropriate fitting so the table can be clipped outside, make sure the door can open and that you don't attach it to the aluminium body panels or you risk the attachment pulling through the skin and distorting, tearing the panel. As Roger says you need to find the underlying steel framework and on some vans the reason they don't have the attachment strip fitted is because there isn't a bit of steel framework in the appropriate place.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 am
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: williamte wrote in post #1
Is it possible to fit a table outside a 93 Puck? I had one on a newer and larger Eriba and miss having it. Any advice and suggestions welcome. Thanks

My previous 1994 Puck had a rail on the outside, it is especially very useful with the Eribas with no end dinette, just like my current Familia 320. We have the bed made up and then put up an awning with the table fixed to the side of the van. You can see from the picture of my Puck the rail just over the wheel arch, I would assume you will have to use a strong magnet to find the steel cage behind the aluminium to screw into

1994 Puck.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 23, 2022 9:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.323 Posts

I've just had a look on Leisure First site. The rail location appears to be in a line directly below the level of the bottom door hinge.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 23, 2022 1:04 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

One good thing I would say about the clip in external table is that it is easy to level and is very stable. Unlike a wobbly picnic table. I take both anyway.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 23, 2022 4:19 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.010 Posts

Quote: Ray Lawrence wrote in post #6
One good thing I would say about the clip in external table is that it is easy to level and is very stable. Unlike a wobbly picnic table. I take both anyway.

After a few glasses you can't tell the difference anyway.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon May 23, 2022 6:03 pm
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

We love the clip in outside table. It's so solid. And a much better place to keep the table (in warm climes) than in the silly little slide-in storage "thing" at the end of the front dinette on our 2005 Triton. Not an improvement over our previous 1999 Triton, which didn't have it!

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 12:12 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.120 Posts

We use both tables on our Troll.

We have an external plug socket so we can fit the little table to the van and then use it for the Ramoska.

The big table from the longe area then sits in front of this so that I can cook on the Ramoska and have my glass of red wine on the bigger table.

When food cooked easy to the transfer from Ramoska to plates and start eating and continue drinking.

The extra space is brilliant and keeps the cooking smells out of the sleeping area.

MikeT

and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 25, 2022 3:48 pm
by williamte (deleted)

Many thanks for this. I’ll have a look over the weekend and post the results.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 25, 2022 3:51 pm
by williamte (deleted)

Exactly!

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105757 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2