Fridge door lock

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 2:49 pm
by Hebridean (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I'm looking for the rest of the missing mechanism on my fridge door, and on searching ebay there seems to be quite a few versions out there.
Here's a photo of what's there:door lock.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
I found this one which looks like it pairs up with whats there. Maybe. So what do you think is this what I need?
Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125248802879?...353.m1438.l2649

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Last edited Sun May 22, 2022 2:49 pm | Scroll up

RE: Fridge door lock

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 2:54 pm
by rambling robin (deleted)

Inside the fridge there will be a label telling you which model the fridge is - assuming it is a Dometic you should be able to find the right spare with that name and number with your favourite search engine. Most spares are still available.

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 4:11 pm
by Hebridean (deleted)

For some reason I thought it was an Electrolux fridge! Anyway I got a replacement from Swordcrown caravans.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 5:31 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

Did you get the stubby pozi headed screw with it?
When you fit it you may find it's not a very positive lock, mine wasn't anyway. So I took the door off and packed up the bottom hinge with a thick red fibre washer. I would have used a nice nylon one but did not have one.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 6:50 pm
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

Used to be called Electrolux, now called Dometic. like Thomson is now Tui, Hermes is now Evri...

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 24, 2022 12:56 pm
by Hebridean (deleted)

Thanks for your replies and yes Colin it looks like it has the stubby screw you mentioned, though it's yet to arrive and can't be 100% certain. I also tightened up one of the top hinges which turned to to be easier that I first thought it would be. I unscrewed the worksurface which was still held by an angled metal plate at the rear but it gave me enough room to access it and tighten it up.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1