Awning for 1994 standard Puck

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu May 26, 2022 10:42 pm
by eranjiba (deleted)

I think I'd like an awning though from what people say they are hard work to set up. I'll be fixing it on my own so want an easy one!
What awning do people recommend for me and mine, and the best suppliers. Will probably leave it til end of season in hope of a bargain but want to get ideas now.
Thanks in anticipation.
Anji

Scroll up

RE: Awning for 1994 standard Puck

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:13 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

20200823_094428.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Hi

To be honest the choices are a little limited for the Puck. I use a Kampa Pop Air Pro 260 for our 1999 Puck, which I find pretty easy to put up on my own. It is a little heavy to slide onto the van, but once on inflates very quickly. I much prefer it to our old poled soplair type awning which was a complete faf!

The Kampa has stood up in some stormy weather and overall I am very happy with it.

Ralph

addisb likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:14 pm | Scroll up

RE: Awning for 1994 standard Puck

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:01 am
by PETER SUTCLIFFE (deleted)

Hi, Yes I too found the poled awning a two person job to put up. I have a VW T5 and bought a Kampa Trip air beam awning for the VW. We went away to Barmouth a couple of weeks ago and used the air beam awning on the Puck. It worked very well as it has a beam height of about 2 metres which is high enough to allow the door of the Puck to open fully and it was also compatible with the awning rail. All in all satisfied with it and it got a hammering one night. I will use it for short stays but will use the full poled awning for longer stays.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 7 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105651 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1