New (used) awning day

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:33 pm
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

AA2AB4A8-2D1A-48AE-92E0-BA5D8B1B6961.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Didn’t think We would buy an awning, being canopy and windbreak fans, but we need something with more winter protection and picked this up yesterday.
Trial run at home and it’s great, looking forward to a long weekend in a couple of weeks time.

Doonhamer, Simboc2004 and cruickie like this post!
Scroll up

RE: New (used) awning day

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:27 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Looks good Ronnie. Is it new ??? What make and where from ? Thanks

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:22 am
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

It’s a secondhand Karsten from Tony Lloyd, pretty much unused and ex display. Needs to be weathered which it’ll get in the Lakes this month. I had a great chat with Tony when I collected it from his workshop. I thought we would be happy with our canopy and windbreaks, which we have been for the last 2 years, but horizontal rain in Scotland last month changed our minds especially for the winter months.

Randa france and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:46 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Hi Ronnie. Yes it would appear that Tony does get some good awnings coming in from time to time and I only realised lately that he advertises them on Ebay.

I think it was a friend of his who may have added it to our Facebook page so I've invited Tony through his friend, to advertise the awnings on Eribafolk in the future.

The one thing that's certain is that you know it's a good one if it comes from Tony.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Doonhamer and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:48 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:57 am
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

Hi Randa, yes he might do that. Tony mentioned that he was shocked how expensive Ebay is now, I think he said it was just over 12% Of the sale price!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

What a lucky boy you are. The Karsten was the original blow up, tailored to fit you van, and makes the Unico and Fortex look cheap.
E-bay prices to sell are expensive. I’ve got into the habit of preparing my photos and text on items I want to sell and then wait for the selling offers. 80% off comes up fairly frequently, but the fixed £1 selling fee is not to be missed. I sold an £850 machine on that offer a few years ago.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:01 am
by Ronnie | 68 Posts

Thanks Colin, I’m looking forward to getting away in it, the fit is excellent.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0