Buyer Beware

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:08 am
by Doreen the troll | 39 Posts

Hi, I recently posted on the whys and wherefore of purchasing a Lock n Level for our van, and had some concerns about possible deflation.Well I found one on Gumtree for £75 and contacted the seller who assured me it was about three years old with minimal use, deal done it arrived the day before we set of on our current trip to Devon.
It was used on our second site, however the following day it had deflated from 12psi to 8 psi ! I re inflated it and again overnight it lost pressure . This time I had taken the precaution of placing a jack under the axel just in case.
I ended up removing it and reverting back to a ramp. On close inspection I could see that an attempt had been made to fill the open ends, where the two clamping plates are with silicone.
Next the sink was filled with water and as expected a small bubble of air was escaping at the silicone site.
The good news was that I rang Lock n Level direct and the very helpful owner suggested I tightened the screws at the end of the clamping plate by a small amount. This worked! I had to buy a set of Torx sockets from Amazon but it is now airtight.
We are on this site for a number of weeks so thank goodness I checked, and I would advise any owners of these to check the pressure or occasionally water test. And for long stays I will be using a jack as a back up.
As for the seller,well,they are not on my Christmas Card list😡
David

Scroll up

RE: Buyer Beware

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:36 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Thanks David, we, like you are sure you place a rubber mat under the Lock n Level as reccomended. Just been to the garage to check my nuts and gave them all a little tweak, very gratifying i must say!.

Skoda Yeti 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:49 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Was the garage man a bit excited too Chasnick? 😂
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

eribanaut likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:55 am
by Doreen the troll | 39 Posts

I hope the garage owner did a thorough test after tweaking your nuts, by inflating it, and dipping the end in soapy water 🤔
David

Frantone and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0