Delay obtaining accessories and parts

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:56 pm
by fred (deleted)

Hi All,
I have a 530 60th Edition, bought new here in France in September last year. I have been waiting ever since for the shower kit which was ordered by the Dealer at the time of purchase. Is this sort of delay normal? Also the Dealer cannot get hold of parts that need replacing under Warranty. Is this the sort of After Sales Service that Eriba/Hymer normally provide? If it is, I cannot understand the reputation that this brand enjoys.

Scroll up

RE: Delay obtaining accessories and parts

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:34 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.309 Posts

Fred, welcome to the forum. Hymer are unfortunately not know for class leading customer service. There vans have generally been well above the industry norm and as such problems had not generally been highlighted. Unfortunately, following "improvements" to the Touring range they have shown some deplorable issues with cabinetwork in particular, some electrical gripes and around 2016-18 damp issues following faulty window seals. A significant number of owners have had gripes, but usually after a teething problems period of 12/18 months the majority of issues are rectified and owners have then gone on to experience relatively trouble free and enjoyable ownership. Owners of "normal" vans are generally not so lucky.
The most recent issues do have a lot to do with covid issues. There is a worldwide problem with availability of parts. Car manufacturers are showing 12 month order times that cannot be guaranteed. Oct/Nov 2021 I enquired about a new Eriba and was told by one main UK dealer that the books for 2022 were closed, expect sometime 2023.
You are not alone in your problem, but unfortunately this does not make your situation any easier to stomach.The only thing I can suggest is that you get your dealer to push for an extension of warranty issues as you have a van that is not fully useable.

Colin

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:17 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

There is a delay with parts from Hymer, I required a new lifting roof clamp which the caravan technician broke whilst carrying out a service last September, the dealership ordered me one free of charge however it took six months for it to arrive.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.001 Posts

It's not impossible that if parts are in short supply Hymer will have vans that are almost finished in store awaiting those items. Their natural inclination will be to use the first parts that arrive to complete the stored vans and get them out the door and invoiced asap. That brings in a lot more cash than sending, say, a few roof springs to a dealership for a warranty repair.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG

Last edited Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:02 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:58 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

Hi,
I think it’s only fair to point out the dire state of industrial supply at the moment.
I spend half of my working day trying to find solutions for customers who are being told they will have to wait until November for parts where we would normally stock 100’s. This could be anything from a £4000 display to a £5 connector, and it’s not isolated to just our suppliers/manufacturers.

I don’t think that Hymer are the most responsive of manufacturers but I do have some sympathy for their manufacturing department.

We had to wait 3 months for a traumatic water heater after we picked up our troll last year, so I know how frustrating it is to be on the receiving end (or NOT RECEIVING END😳)
I realised how I’d become used to getting whatever I wanted in short order, and I have to say that the waiting experience made the final product more appreciated. (Yes, we had to wait 8 months for the Troll in the first place!)

Just hang in there.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:54 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Quote: Inspecta_Gadget wrote in post #5
We had to wait 3 months for a traumatic water heater

Freudian slip perhaps...?

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:28 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 209 Posts

🤣 I do call them traumatic tbh, but didn’t intend it on that post!

It’s an unfortunate brand name, a bit like Rwanda’s ‘Saga’ with the insurance.

This would be a good thread in it’s own right! - any more suggestions?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:53 pm
by Marcel Devereux | 17 Posts

Ordered a 540 August 2021 for delivery Jan 2022. Then was told in January 2022 it would be early May. Guess what, still waiting and the dealer rings and emails and never gets a reply…..German efficiency….. not now I am afraid. I have had to cancel 2 holidays

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:11 pm

If you ordered it with Al-Ko ATC fitted then it's likely to be lined up in a field somewhere in Southern Germany with several thousand others waiting for parts. The Al-Ko units that operate the system were made in Ukraine and supply stopped when the Russians invaded. Just one of the supply chain issues facing all caravan makers. UK built vans are being sent to dealers sans ATC, with a promise to fit once they're available again.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:53 pm

Quote: Marcel Devereux wrote in post #8
Ordered a 540 August 2021 for delivery Jan 2022. Then was told in January 2022 it would be early May. Guess what, still waiting and the dealer rings and emails and never gets a reply…..German efficiency….. not now I am afraid. I have had to cancel 2 holidays

It's been said on another forum that Hymer have stopped caravan production and moved staff onto the Hymer motorhome lines because the motorhome backlog is so enormous.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1