Eriba grab handles

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:42 am
by Nick G (deleted)

I'm really stuck trying to source some replacement grab handles for my Triton. I managed to get four from Kool Klassics after a month and they have just cancelled my order for another two, saying they simply do not know when they will be available again. They were expecting a delivery around the end of May, which didn't happen. I could replace all my handles with something else but I really want to restore my 2001 to it's authentic condition. Can anyone advise an alternative source? Grab handle.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Eriba grab handles

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:19 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

These have got detailed measurements on them to compare but is white the correct colour ?

Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221180634678

s-l1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:20 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:21 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.010 Posts

I think it may be a Hymer OE part, rather than generic, so there's nowhere else to get it but a Hymer authorised dealership, like KC. All sorts of parts are very hard to source at the moment.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:06 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

Nick, they should clean up a treat. The only problem you may have is the hinged plastic flaps can fall off when you open them up and will need to be bedded back in with mastic.
Remove handles and soak in 1 part bleach to 4 parts water. Give them a good scrub and leave for 24 hours in the liquid. Next day give them another good scrub, possibly scrape a little with your finger nail and then repeat the soak in fresh bleach and water mix. Rinse off the next day and admire your efforts.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:37 pm
by Nick G (deleted)

Thank you all for your help. It's wonderful to get such advice and what a great resource this forum is. I really want to restore the caravan to it's original splendour so it'll be a last resort, Steve sourcing alternative handles. But thank you for your suggestion. And yes, Andy it appears that the only source is Hymer, and if I want the correct handles I'll just have to wait, for how long no-one knows. Thank you for your advice on cleaning 'em up Colin, but several of them are beyond any saving as they are actually disintegrating! Thank you all for taking the time to comment.

Nick

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:10 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Send a message here. atelier-vdl@orange.fr or call here 09 61 38 21 08 they have all the spare parts, apparently! Look for the facebook page Atelier du Véhicule de Loisirs. My husband gets parts from them.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:54 am
by Nick G (deleted)

Oh, thank you! I'll try that (in my best French)

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12538 topics and 105761 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1