Thetford raised seat

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 6:08 pm
by Easypeasy (deleted)

I have a one year old GT550 & have found the Thetford C400 series loo too shallow for my bits!, either I am a very lucky man, or many others may have this problem, I see there is a raised seat available, has anyone fitted one?, and is it the C2/C3/C4 model 299900 that I should order for mine?

Scroll up

RE: Thetford raised seat

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 7:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.324 Posts

I admire you for making this post. It is reassuring to find others are in a similar situation. but I'm sure there are many owners out there who find this a far greater inconvenience than myself. I was totally unaware of raised seat option, but I think I'll just have to put up with this very small inconvenience.

Colin

ps, I've just noticed the pun in your forum name.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

scouteralf and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Fri May 20, 2022 7:20 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 7:45 pm
by Randa france | 12.881 Posts

Leave the trap door open but don't shut it mid pee
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 9:34 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: Easypeasy wrote in post #1
I have a one year old GT550 & have found the Thetford C400 series loo too shallow for my bits!,

Is this when you're stood up
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.010 Posts

In theory an Eriba user has to be relatively short to avoid the continual cracking of the cranium. Therefore the distance to the Thetty should not be a concern.

In the interests of research I've just checked the relevant distance to one of our home toilets and it's around 17 inches to the rim, or 43cms if you prefer. I have to say that it's an area of study that I've never considered before and I don't think I'll pursue in the future, even though it might be a suitable subject for a doctoral thesis.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 20, 2022 11:49 pm

I've just reread the OP and the thought has occurred that we may be referring to sitting down.

Well firstly, 'how dare you sir' Thetty's are reserved for pee, not poo, though Mr Toiletless Randa will have forgotten these niceties.

Secondly, I find it hard to envisage how you'd discover the bowl wasn't deep enough. The mind is boggling. Are we talking days of old depth line measurement, in which case our OP is definitely well endowed, given a toilet bowl is about 10 to 11ins deep.

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 1:37 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

I think the OP is referring to his landing gear knocking on the trap door when sitting down. I wonder what Thetford R&D department considers as a standard pair ? In their calculations

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 7:12 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Well, ignoring the obvious comments - and the greatest of sympathy to the OP for having to suffer such a problem - this seat does raise some interesting bits.
If - like me - you are unfortunate enough to suffer from prostate problems (Prostatitis + BPH) then you'll know that peeing sitting down is actually much better for the old walnut than standing up. OK you have to mix and match according to circumstances. If - like me - you also have a dodgy back then you'll know all about the fun of getting out of low level seating. So, a bog seat that'll give me and extra 3" would be fun. Just raising the seat 3" is equally useful at my age.
BUT - why the heck does it have to be like sitting on a bit of scaffold tube. If only the seat rim could be a little wider it would be so much more comfortable. Surely all the 'people whose anatomy does not include dangly bits' who use the seat more often cannot be comfortable???
I might even get one of these things - who knew they even existed so thanks for the info. https://caratechcaravanparts.com/product...c2-c3-c4-299900

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 7:30 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Good lord!

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
FINNWOODY likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 8:31 am
by Easypeasy (deleted)

OK, here we go! On sites at night, I close the roof on our Eriba as we've found it much quieter, I am 6'2" with back problems, so I need to sit on the loo in the middle of the night so as not to 'bang me bonce' and it's not easy to pee while crouching, try it! Also, you manly sprayers out there, if your aim while 'sleepy' is not what it once was, you will find it much more hygenic to sit, though not quite so 'Macho'

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 8:45 am

Dear RR

Methinks you misinterpret the picture.

I believe you remove the original seat and cover (it pulls off), mount the extension on top of the existing bowl and then refit the seat and cover on top. So you sit on your old seat, not on that knife edge. The thought makes my eyes water.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 8:50 am

Of course sitting down to pee at night in a pre 2010 Touring range van is a jolly sensible idea. Given that the washroom light is behind you, over the sink, you generally find you are watering in the dark, your own shadow. Of course donning a strap-on headlamp can help in such circumstances.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 9:10 am

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #11
Dear RR

Methinks you misinterpret the picture.

I believe you remove the original seat and cover (it pulls off), mount the extension on top of the existing bowl and then refit the seat and cover on top. So you sit on your old seat, not on that knife edge. The thought makes my eyes water.

Ah - now I get it! It had me wondering... Now, I wonder if there's a way of mounting a nice shaped wooden seat instead of the original.....????

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 21, 2022 10:32 am

You could spend summer whittling one in green oak.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun May 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Whittling is hard enough as it is - no need to add wood.

scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105760 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5