My trusty Soplair

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:49 am
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

I have a choice of 4 different awnings to suit all occasions and occupants. Ranging from lightweight porch, through air awning to a 14 year old Soplair poled awning.
Traveling up to the wilds of Berwick upon Tweed, I decided to take the old Soplair to cope with possible inclement weather. Haven't used it for a few years and had forgotten how spacious, well fitting and weather tight it was. It doesn't take much longer to erect than the air awning and it's much easier to get up on to the awning rail to.
We had torrential rain once and not a drop of water came in, even from the kirder strip :)

I just thing it looks so much better than some of the air awnings that we see.

scowl small.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)small1.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)small2.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual

Aaron Calder, GT runner and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:51 am | Scroll up

RE: My trusty Soplair

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:20 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

I have to say that I agree with you, Ray. The Soplair awnings are of very high quality manufacture and so versatile in that they can be used as a full awning (as shown in your post), as a sunshade with all the side panels removed or with the panels folded down for through ventilation as below. The best of all worlds.

I'm envious of the skirt under your van. Ours is pretty decrepit having being cut badly around the step and taped up afterwards by the original owner.

Awning03.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Awning05.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Ray Lawrence, Simboc2004 and GT runner like this post!
Scroll up

RE: My trusty Soplair

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:35 am
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

That awning has great roof supports, the old full sized AL/NR pitched roof awnings didn't have the middle supports and they were prone to pooling.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105650 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5