I’m coming out

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:08 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

OK, so I’ve just mentioned it in another post this evening. So I’m going to let everyone know before all the gossip starts. So here goes - I have bought a new awning/canopy (purely in the interest of all Eribafolk). It the one that Eriba sell as a genuine accessory and is made by Isabella. Its like the old Soplair awnings. Its 3m x 3m and in my view complements the Eriba’s “look” . However I am very curious to know why there appears to be no other members who have thought it might be a good thing (or maybe they have ??). Anyway there it is I have bought one and I’ve come out about it. As so as I have set it up on my Troll I will upload some pictures. However I would really like to hear any comments or thoughts the great EF collective might have on it. Thanks in advance Robbie.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 7865B3A9-01CC-4782-A99B-2104AADD2206.jpeg 
 9136665C-485C-4AE1-92CE-0489190B97B3.jpeg 

Simboc2004, Randa france and Dockmur like this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:16 am | Scroll up

RE: I’m coming out

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:59 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

It certainly does look the part - very nice. That's a fair old size too.

The only bit that bothers me is what happens to all the water on the van side of the roof when it rains?

Rather genteel 2004 Troll 540GT called Matilda pushing a couple of old fogies.
GT runner likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:30 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts

It's very like the one we had on our first Triton, back in 2011. Was good as a sunshade I remember, but still had bulky poles (and they were steel back then). Hilarious the first time we put it up as it came with no colour coding nor instructions... Don't remember ever fitting the sides either, but then we did mostly do the the south of France and even Barcelona one year!

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 DSCN3597.JPG 

Athena, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:18 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

We've got one Robbie. Ours is a Soplair and it was one of two awnings that came with the van when we bought it from AL.

A sturdy awning but as Simon says, very heavy poles and the partially pre joined "spider" poles that form the centre pyramid measures about 4' 6" in the bag. Ours is not complete however so no horizontal poles or side canvas. We still use it sometimes however and it give us good headroom and shade/shower protection.

g1p1-Troll-circa.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:01 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

You are Diana Ross and I claim my £5.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:44 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Roger, this thing I’ve bought has the Isabella carbon fibre poles. What I like about it is that it uses just 2 poles, so you get a nice clear line of sight when sat under it. The Shadow and Loggia have a third middle pole which can obstruct the view. So it fixes to the side of the Eriba view the awning rail and then 2 hooks left and right and then just 2 light weight poles on the 2 front corners. I would say that the canopy is no heavier than the shadow, and then there’s a few light weight poles and a small metal spider piece that sits up in the apex. Will post lots of pics when I get it set up. Robbie

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105651 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3