Tyre type and recommendation

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:14 pm
by RibaRoo (deleted)

Hello

Our Eriba Pan Duo tyres are 155/80 R13C EVENT ML605 90/88R and I've just found out they were fitted July 2015 and so I would like to replace them.

The trouble is, being new to all of this, I'm not sure which type to replace them with. I'm looking for a mobile fitter and their site is only showing 13T or a 13R and I can't see any that are 13C. Can anybody help please?

Thank you

Last edited Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:17 pm | Scroll up

RE: Tyre type and recommendation

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.323 Posts

Firstly the attached Tyresafe document will be of use. I carry a copy in the van at all times
In the 155/80 R13C you refer to, C means it is a light commercial tyre. The T and R you mention refer to a speed rating on a normal car tyre.
From memory of owning a 900kg axle Familia 310GT, you need search for a 155/80 R13C with am 83 to 87 load rating. You do not need to worry about a speed rating.
What you must check is how fresh the tyre is so ask for the manufacture date off the tyre wall.

Colin

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
TyreSafe Caravan tyres leaflet - 2021.pdf TyreSafe Caravan tyres leaflet - 2021.pdf

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Randa france and scouteralf like this post!
Last edited Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:35 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:46 pm
by RibaRoo (deleted)

Thanks for the quick reply and attachment, Colin. Would this tyre be suitable - image attached? I'm looking to get a mobile fitter but needs to be in the next few days.

Tyre.PNG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Or even the Hankook RA18 Vantra LT ?

Dan

Last edited Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:20 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:30 am

The 84 rating is fine, but I do not recognise the make though. Having said that, it is not worth buying a premium brand tyre as it is not subjected to the same forces a tyre on for example the driving wheels of a car is, but I've usually gone for a name I recognise.
I recently used Tyres on the Drive for my car and will use them next year for the Eriba. They were bought out by Halfords and provide tyres for several internet providers including , I think, Asda and E-Tyres https://www.tyresonthedrive.com/
You may have to contact them directly by phone, but this could be to your advantage as you might be able to get the tyre dates.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:08 am
by RibaRoo (deleted)

Thanks again for the info Colin. Unfortunately I'm out of their coverage area. But just to report back, I have managed to get a mobile booking slot for next week by another company (KF) who will be fitting the Hankook RA18 Vantra LT tyres.

Now I've just got to make sure that they jack the Eriba up properly before they fit the new tyres. How to do that is what I'll be looking into next so that I can make sure they don't just use the corner steadies. And I'll have to hitch the car up to the van apparently whilst they're changed. Very first outing (and my first time towing!) next week but I'll feel a bit safer knowing new tyres are on the Eriba (and new hitch coupling).

Dan

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:53 am

I would be happy with the Hankook. We fitted the all seasons to my wife's VW UPas they were a best in test result.
Best way to jack up is, hitch the car up, raise the corner steadies, trolley jack under the axle. This way you are putting no weight on the corner steadies.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105757 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2