Newbie to Eriba Hello from Ireland.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:55 am
by Tracy007 (deleted)

We are going to venture into buying a Puck/Familla/320 because we drive a Suzuki Jimny ....The only issue we are having is now with all the rules due to Brexit we will get charged another 23% on entry to Southern Ireland if we buy in the U.K. If anyone has any advice on the best way to go about buying I would be very greatful.T

Randa france and Morphy like this post!
Last edited Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:18 am | Scroll up

RE: Newbie to Eriba Hello from Ireland.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:22 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Tracy and welcome to Eribafolk

I'm not up to speed with the problems you mention regarding Brexit but I do know that a number of our Irish members have driven across England and purchased their Eribas in the Netherlands.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:21 pm
by Tracy007 (deleted)

Hi Randa. Thank you for the reply. Off on the hunt now for an Eriba.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Tracy, i recently looked into the idea of bringing a new van from Holland into the UK. I would imagine your situation is similar and as such the vat/paperwork scenario likewise.
I have two options:-
1 - Buy van in Holland with NL vat paid, get given relevant paperwork by dealer, pay UK vat on entry to UK or in advance. Claim NL vat back
2 - From a very limited number of dealers set up for export in Holland, buy van with NO vat paid, get given relevant paperwork by dealer, pay UK vat on entry to UK or in advance.
I would advise contacting the tax office, which will probably be a protracted e-mail chain, and seeing if you can get a UK dealer who is set up for this type of "export". I'm guessing ALV and Red Lion would be the closest to the ports for you to cross over and collect.

Best of luck - Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:56 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

If you buy 2nd hand, do you have to to pay VAT?
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:21 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Not encouraging anyone to bend the rules but why can’t you just fit Irish number plates and then bring the van back. Who’s to know where it came from then or would it be an issue on the ferry 🤔

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france and addisb like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:47 pm
by Tracy007 (deleted)

Thank you . The issue with the UK is that it is now different to Ireland. But I thank you for going to the trouble to reply

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:48 pm
by Tracy007 (deleted)

Thought crossed my mind 😝

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:58 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I thought if you buy anywhere in the eu there are no import duties to Southern Ireland.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:11 pm
by Tracy007 (deleted)

That is correct but I want to buy in the UK as there are none for sale in the south of Ireland..

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

The tax office told me that when bringing a van into the UK from Europe no import duties need to be paid, just the vat. I would imagine the situation in reverse is the same.
It crossed my mind that you could just drive through, and I have to admit that if the van was not bright, shiny and new this would be a serious consideration.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:25 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Morphy hope you get sorted!

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:53 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Good luck. Why not buy one from France?

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:01 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:27 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret All sounds very frustrating

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0