Eriba newbie

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:18 pm
by Cockney camper (deleted)

Hi all, particularly the lovely Morphy couple that pointed me in this forum's direction. I was given a hitching demo in the pouring rain, yet failed to tighten the jockey wheel on arrival home. Consequently, the front end went down when I started to move it. Slight split in the A frame cover, cosmetic, so will likely get it replaced in due course, but the £160 is a lot for a bit of plastic. It was lesson learned, but I feel that a bullet pointed process should be given to new buyers of anything connecting to a tow bar, particularly like me, it is the first time towing. Fortunately for me, a chap up the road has an Eriba and has been a mine of information and practical help. I've already ordered the 3 litre curver knit baskets that fit into the cupboards nicely, and the sunnestra shelving from Ikea that slot into the top of the caravan body. He is upgrading to a more suitable layout inside so has kindly sold me some items as we have nothing yet, not even a kettle or toaster. I am also ordering a pair of extension mirrors as I wasn't aware of the law on this matter and don't want to be pulled over by plod. We've also got a self inflating double mattress as we felt it would protect the upholstery and make customising the comfort level nicely. Anyway, lots to learn, lots of places to visit and very much looking forward to it.

Morphy, Simboc2004, Randa france and Newbie22 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Eriba newbie

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:54 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hey up Morphy here and welcome glad you found us. Sorry to hear of your little mishap lots of brilliant advice on here take it easy, your going to have some great times in the Eriba.

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 20, 2022 6:23 am
by Eribacamper | 111 Posts

Steve, Debbie & Teddie the poodle

Toyota Hilux Invincible, 2014 Troll 550.

G4HBA
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:25 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Apart from your glitch with the jockey wheel it sounds like you are starting to get your head around things. You are fortunate in having some good advice on hand in your local owner. Do you know if they are a forum member?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:25 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

One tip that changed out lives was the bedding tip learnt from Randa. We like the big dinette to be available so we don't leave the bed up. It can be a pain to stow the bedding so we just roll it up towards the back of the van. It stays under the table on the back cushion. The pillows go into cushion covers I made. It takes seconds. As bedding, the bottom layer is a single duvet in a cover to protect the seats, then a wholecloth quilt instead of a bottom sheet as it stays flat and doesn't need tucking in, then our duvet. The pillows go into cushion covers that I made.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004, Randa france, and Newbie22 like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:51 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:56 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:29 am
by Simboc2004 | 658 Posts

to the forum

Simon and Claire

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:13 pm
by Cockney camper (deleted)

Thanks. Yes they are.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:02 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

, we’ve all made mistakes, in my case SO many 😁

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 8 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0