Bulbs

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:04 pm
by Cockney camper (deleted)

Is there a generic bulb set that would suffice to have spares for a 320 gt?

Scroll up

RE: Bulbs

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:17 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.323 Posts

I must admit in 20 years I've never had to replace a bulb, but I do carry an odd selection I've acquired over the years, just in case.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:20 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

I can't be sure but I suspect that they are just standard auto bulbs. Readily available locally at service stations, bigger supermarkets etc.

You could always take the covers off and check each bulb bur I would beware of mission creep. A little bit of fine fettling can often lead to a major disaster with a broken plastic cover or the like.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:37 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Like Colin I've collected loads of different car bulbs over the years, most of which are so old that they'll only fit a 1936 Delahaye.

Why I've hung on to them when the acetylene leaked out years ago is anybody's guess.

If you haven't got a hoarder's selection, you can buy a universal set of replacements from Amazon for a tenner, tops.

Or nip in to Halfords.

And they aren't anything special, just standard car-type bulbs.

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:39 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:26 am
by Simboc2004 | 657 Posts

I had a side light bulb blow recently (the white/red lamp at the top of the front of the body). The bulb that had blown was unreadable, so i popped into Halfords and saw at least 7 different options of size and wattage for festoon bulbs (plus LED options too). Size/length was easy to determine, but wattage not so much... I went onto the Forum on my phone and found a post from Randa saying 5W, so that's the ones i bought and it proved to be correct!

So you will need C5W 239 5W for those lights.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:15 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Replaced all mine with LED equivalents. Only thing is to be careful with the indicators, you need to check the angle of the bayonet pins and get the type with built in ballast resistors. The replacements look great, nice and bright.

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12537 topics and 105756 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7