C&MC two peg pitch

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:52 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.609 Posts

I recently went to C&MC Rowntree caravan site in York, they have always had a bit of a hit and miss nose in nose out policy depending on which warden was there at the time. However when I went last month the C&MC now have two white pegs rather than the one which you had to get as close to the right of the peg. You now have to get your van in between the two pegs which isn’t an issue, however they had put the left peg very close to the hedge making it impossible to put an awning up if you went nose out. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this on other C&MC sites?

627F3DDF-CA9A-402B-B5F5-EF5D5DEC119E.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Randa france, SOULBLUESMAN68 and GT runner like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:56 pm | Scroll up

RE: C&MC two peg pitch

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:09 pm
by Randa france | 12.876 Posts

Two years ago at Hawes, the Warden was a "nose in" lobbyist but we were having none of it for a number of reasons.

After some heated debate he confessed that almost all of the pitches were somehow pegged very much to the left of centre, almost in the corner. He did find one pitch however where the peg was more central so we took that and parked nose out (no Mover which convinced him to find a suitable pitch for us rather than help us push it).

A early experiment perhaps or a cunning plan from an out and out jobsworth? One of the reasons I raised such a huge objection was because the C and MC had sent us an Email a few days prior to our arrival saying that there were no facilities at Hawes due to a major drainage problem which wouldn't be resolved for a further 4 (5?) days.

Too late to book elsewhere we had to except the problem but no sign of any digging etc. We were told by the wardens of the next C and MH site we visted that it wasn't a drains issue, it's just that Hawes is a 4 warden site and they couldn't get holiday cover so Mr Jobsworth refused to do the extra work.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Poptop320 and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:54 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.117 Posts

We've only come across it once so far - it may have been Freshwater East but not sure.

As there was sufficient space on the pitch for an awning either side it worked well for us and we just put it in as we wanted.

This summer we did have a slight problem with a C & C Club site when the warden showed us a fchoice of a few pitches and when we picked one he told us to put it in a certain way. However we realised next morning that it wasn't the best way we simply moved it round the other way for the rest of our stay. We chatted to him and other wardens a fair few times after this and nothing was said. Good really as I had decided I wouldn't move it back whatever was said...........

Just wonder if he was feeling a bit arsey at the time.

Saw a C & M Club warden being difficult with a large motorhome user this summer across from our pitch over what seemed to be a few inches - seemed a bit trivial really. Most wardens are great but there seem to be a tiny minority who are officious "jobsbodies"

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:39 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I would be curious to know how foreigners manage, being used to doing whatever they like LOL

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:05 am

Well that's the leading question isn't it Islay.

I strongly believe that much of the "nose in" argument is because people with UK vans wish to retain some privacy when camping at home and the C MC Club and a sprinkling of other sites are bowing to their wishes.

However, when these people go abroad they don't give a bugger and say nowt. I remember having this debate with an English Undertaker while camping in St Michel. A really nice couple with a big British van who parked so close that we could breakfast together. Good company and we had a few laughs but they brought up the issue in conversation.

The reason I found out he was an Undertaker? He had a big black Volvo Estate and he complained while pointing at our black VW just how difficult it was to keep that colour looking clean. He volunteered the information by saying he had another 5 to clean at home

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

mr_underhill and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:44 pm

I hope he didn’t bring any customers with him! ….

Randa france, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:03 pm
by Simboc2004 | 654 Posts

The C&MC experimented with the two pegs system during the 2021 season and are now bringing it in to all Club sites. See the attached from the C&MC magazine earlier this year:

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_3364 2.JPG 

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Randa france, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Poptop320 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:13 pm

Quote: Simboc2004 wrote in post #7
The C&MC experimented with the two pegs system during the 2021 season and are now bringing it in to all Club sites. See the attached from the C&MC magazine earlier this year:

Oh dear, I hope they don’t do the same as at York and put the pegs close to the hedge which will mean nose in when pitching.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:22 am

Quote: Simboc2004 wrote in post #7

I have just Emailed a strong complaint to the C and MH Club regarding the above article especially the word "additional" being used which would confirm that rather than sharing the pegs our equally they are just adding a second peg, as Poptop320 has found recently.

I know that some Eriba owners don't find this bothersome but the whole article stinks of caravan/motorhome owners whinging to wardens about privacy issues.

Let's see what they have to say.

Randa

SOULBLUESMAN68, Poptop320 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:37 pm

Having broached the subject on Eribafolk Facebook it would appear that by far the majority of sites that are using the two peg system are placing them correctly and therefore many of our Eriba members are still having the option to chose how they park, nose in or nose out.
It'll be worth hearing a positive response from the Club however so that we can be equipped with a copy if necessary.
Randa

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:19 pm
by Old Rocker | 493 Posts

Coming back from 3 weeks touring in Scotland mainly on CMC sites at everyone we were told pitch in or out, up to us. Just about all of them were using 2 peg pitching

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be

Randa france, SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:15 pm

That was our experience as well in Devon, Wiltshire and Somerset in July - and that was without two pegs! We found the wardens all very helpful - when asked nicely. That did, however, follow an experience at Exeter Racecourse last year when we were asked to turn our unit around, by a control freak chap, having pitched and pegged the previous evening...

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 am
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Hi Poptop, I was just looking at your photo. Could you not have turned your set up through 90 degrees ? So that the awning was facing out towards the road and your bed was further back from the traffic ? We have never been on any of these very regimented sites. Its always a nice big field and set up in a sensible way.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:44 am
by eribaMotters | 5.315 Posts

My experience of C&MC sites is limited. Some I have found very firm in pitching policy, others have been flexible and allowed crossways pitching as pitches have been wide and fire break distances can be maintained. It is all down to luck.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:39 pm

The new two peg system gives you a distance of 3m to pitch within. If your van is shorter than 3m, then they might well allow it - in theory! Obviously most caravans are longer than this, so they don't often get asked if it's OK. The (non C&MC) site we frequent most often allows pitch nose in, nose out or sideways as long as you fit within the 3m wide gravel area, which our Triton does

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105700 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1