1989 Eriba PUCK brake assembly

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:38 pm
by bobgab (deleted)

A previous owner of my 1989 Puck took the brakes apart but passed away before getting them put back together. I need detailed instruction on how these things are assembled, preferably with pictures. Any help is appreciated. I am located in America, in north Florida.

As a follow up to the post above, after further research it appears my Puck has not had brakes for quite some time. I am wondering if there is any reason to even go to the trouble to put brakes back in it. I am considering leaving it brakeless and having the tongue welded so it no longer telescopes when stopping and starting again. Being this it the smallest and lightest Eriba I see no reason for a brake system. If this caravan was bigger and heavier I would think brakes would be a safety feature in addition to a convenience. Can anybody tell me a good reason why I should go to the trouble to restore this brake system especially since it would also expose me to future maintenance expenses. I have no easy access to replacement parts since this caravan is of European manufacture.

Last edited Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:21 pm | Scroll up

RE: 1989 Eriba PUCK brake assembly

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Apr 09, 2023 7:00 pm
by Andyhereford (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I have just bought a 1988 Puck. I do not think that anyone has replied to this query. Certainly in the United Kingdom and I expect in the rest of Europe any trailer with a weight in excess of 500 kg / 1/2 ton has to be braked. I have no idea what the regulations are in the States. Over here a company called Haynes produces a “ workshop manual” covering the maintenance of older caravans. I have just ordered a copy off eBay. It apparently, among other things, deals with the repair / maintenance of caravan breaking systems. They are, apparently, all more or less the same and fairly simple to service if you are familiar with the “ old school” shoe brakes.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:44 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

I'm presuming they are Al-ko. This any good ?

http://ftp.alko-tech.com/manuals/Anhaeng...dbremsen_EN.pdf

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:02 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Thanks for the replies to this post. I don't know how we could have miised that one as we always attempt to reply to everything posted even if we don't have any specific answers.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:21 pm
by bobgab (deleted)

This manual is helpful but I need a more detailed manual on actual disassembly and reassembly of these AL-KO brakes. There is contact information in manual you provide here so I will try to use it to obtain what I need exactly. Thank you for what you have provided.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:41 pm
by bobgab (deleted)

As near as I can tell a trailer/caravan has to be 3,000 pounds or more before brakes are required, at least in the State where I reside (Florida). I will look into the Haynes manual you refer to and see if it covers what I need. I am needing a manual covering detailed disassembly and reassembly of the AL-KO brakes on my 1989 Puck.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:59 pm
by bobgab (deleted)

Further to my last reply - I have been supplied new brake parts but I have no idea how they go together and more importantly, in what order they are installed.
And yes, these are AL-KO brakes on my 1989 Eriba Puck.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0