High level brake light

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:59 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

We have a 2018 Triton which has a defunct high level brake light. Any suggestions for a replacement source?

Scroll up

RE: High level brake light

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:24 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Have you tried the search facility as this has been covered before. The rear high level brake light is prone to failure due to a perished seal and water ingress.
I thought it was a Hella unit. Can you remove it, taping up the hole to get any product code off the back and check to see if it is at fault. If it is then you could try e-bay for a Hella unit, or Kool Kampers for an Eriba supplied part. I've suggested them as they are one of the newest dealers having previously built up a good reputation on older vans and service/repair.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Captain Calamity likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:43 am
by Captain Carbunkle (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

A bit late to reply, but I replaced our high level brake light due to a cracked lens. It was a Hella and easily found on EBay. Just made sure it was well sealed on fitting to avoid leaks later.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:54 am
by Simboc2004 | 650 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I bought the same recently, a Hella unit from Ebay. I'll be fitting it next week. Not vital, because the old one was repaired just before we bought it, however it has an araldite repair across the middle which upsets me from a visual point of view...

I also bought the seal, which most sellers seem to sell as an extra. Some others I searched for included the seal, so check prices carefully.

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...

Last edited Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:55 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:40 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

You tube replacing video here

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
cruickie and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:35 pm
by Captain Calamity | 342 Posts

One small but significant difference is that on relatively recent models there is no “slot” in the van roof, just three small holes. Two are for the retaining screws and the third accommodates the two power wires. Unless you access the junction box inside the van (I decided not to try that) you have to connect the cables and position them behind the light unit before you seal the unit in place. Seemed to work for me. I now have a working high level brake light.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1