Well Hello there Eriba lovers

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:21 am
by Jules (deleted)

WooHoooo, we have taken the plunge and brought an Eriba 550 GT (I think!) - we are complete novices having never camped or caravanned before other than an odd campervan holiday (did not appeal to us!) Had the tow bar fitted yesterday and will collect the van on Sunday..! So much to think about.. Where is it going to be stored? - That in itself an issue cannot find any where local (South Essex), so on the drive for now...

Then how to store it! Been reading all the Eribafolk posts which is really helpful but a lot to consider.. But really excited and cannot wait to get our first trip under our belts - which will be very local to start! :)

Quick question: What is the one item that you consider vital to have with you on your travels? Can't be without type of thing..!

Thanks everyone and have a good one...

Randa france and Robferry like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Well Hello there Eriba lovers

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:34 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to the forum and Eriba ownership. We moved from South Essex, Westcliff-on-sea, 5 years ago. Our Eribas were always stored in our garage, but I'm sure you should be able to find somewhere.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

, the essential item is a corkscrew 🍷😂

In all seriousness it differs obviously from person to person. Try and imagine your first trip in the van, what you’ll do and then hopefully you’ll know what you need. Unless you forget something really vital like medication you’ll survive and have learnt a lesson. I have a list I keep on my phone and whenever I forget anything (still do after 14 years of Eribaing) I add it to the list for the next time. I’m sure you’ll be fine, enjoy 😊

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:23 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Hi Jules, we'll second that with the corkscrew! Food and wine are two strong passions of ours and try to eat well when away in the van. Think that many new comers go straight to camping shops to buy their kit. A cheap lightweight set of pans might seem like a good idea at the time but once you've spent an age scraping off those welded on egg remains you might think differently. We use the same top quality pots and pans as we have at home which makes life much easier. Another tip is to say to yourself do we really need it and can we get a smaller, lighter one, it all adds up.

Skoda Karoq 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:21 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:28 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:25 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:08 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Jules and welcome to the Forum.

We were new to caravanning when we first got our 540GT nearly seven years ago. We have learnt to take things slowly, even though you might be excited, and when you think you have got everything just sit down quietly and think again - oddly we sometimes forget the most obvious things . We once forgot to lock the front door when we left but thankfully our neighbour found it next morning when he was bringing a parcel in for us...............!

Think Eriba people are big list makers - we have a few and they do help.

I have just finished breakfast so your question is a difficult one to ponder just yet................ .......I will have to get back to you later with that one.

MikeT

Fitzy likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:21 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

We did that too Mike, we’d been in France for a fortnight when the daughter phoned and said “would you like me to lock the French doors” oops 😲

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:19 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Julie

Glad that it is not just us.............................!

The aging mind is a wonderful thing to behold but at least we were able to laugh about it together, especially as Kath is a mere youngster compared to me.

We await our next instalment of forgetfulness......................although turning up a day late at a theatre in Manchester to see a comedian takes some beating

MikeT

Julie Grafo likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 19 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1