New 2023 model Eribas - for better or for worst

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:17 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

I was just wondering if any of the good Eriba folk is considering ordering one of the new models - Legend or Urban ? Or maybe has placed an order. I have a little used 530 60th and love it, but also am teetering on the edge of plunging for one of the new models. They look great and my preference is the Legend with the silver package, but I would gratefully appreciate any comments or observations on the new models from the Eriba Folk collective. Many thanks.

Scroll up

RE: New 2023 model Eribas - for better or for worst

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:26 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Oh well, I guess thats a resounding No, that not many, or maybe no one from the EF have placed an order or has any views on the new models ?? Maybe I was rude to ask ? Still on the positive side, it may mean that there is a whole wave of new owners about to come onboard at EF with their new model Eribas and wanting to join the club ??

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm
by AHoy | 7 Posts

Having short listed an Eriba as a replacement for my motorhome I spent almost a full day at the recent NEC show contemplating what model and specification it should be.

Dodging from unit to unit on the stand still didn't enable me to get a clear impression of internal and external appearance. The base choice of a Triton with rear dinette was the easiest part for me, the external finish, colour and trim was hard to settle on (e.g. dimple v. smooth finish for durability and resilience, colour options, trim). I selected smooth finish with white over silver colour scheme (although a hankering for "Rockabilly" still remains!)

Neither of the interior furnishing and trim options, Legend or Urban, combined as I wanted and there was limited ability to configure differently (the Urban "streaky" work surfaces were too severe whereas the Legend version is bland, no alternatives there and the soft furnishings (curtains in particular) didn't co-ordinate or lift in my mind. I selected Legend as my best compromise (note I do not have a female advisor to "persuade" me which options work), my hope is that it will not be too dark/dull an interior in natural light.

Working through the options to get the functionality I wanted proved cumbersome due to the "configuration packages" which also impacted on pricing. I was fairly heavy with the functional options as I am an all-season user and also biased to motorhome usability, however bling options (e.g alloys, chrome) were not included. Options put BMW pricing in the shade!

I do believe I have specified a van that I will be more than pleased with, but with scope for some personalisation. I did get a great deal of assistance from Cameron of Leisure First, who are supplying my van, and from several ladies I accosted on the stand for the "female opinion" all of whom were very helpful. My thanks if any members here were amongst the contributors!

Hope this is of help.

Alan.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 am
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

I can see exactly where you are coming from. The streaky worksurface, a black sink and shiny wheel arches I cannot figure out. The white over silver being available over more models is good news. This classic finish suits the van well and disguises the panel wobble that is found on the larger vans and made more obvious on the all silver finish.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
GT runner and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:13 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Having looked at the new Touring vans on the web some of the interior design updates grate a bit with me. The black sink looks all wrong and the chrome mudguards remind me of all the chrome bling on my 1960s Lambretta scooter - I loved it when I was 16 but not as a pensioner.........!

But really it is all down to personal choice and what people select fits them & their needs. Colin & I have totally different views on the white dimple finish or the lovely, shiny smooth silver all over of the GT - it matters not a jot. If the Troll has a bit of a wobble so do I.............!

You soon personalise the interior with what you want - new cushions, throws, and carpets for example.

Glad that Cameron is still so helpful. He was brilliant with us over a few meetings in 2015/16 when we eventually ordered our 540GT.

Hope that Alan & Robbies vans turn out to be everything that they desired.

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:24 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Quote: SOULBLUESMAN68 wrote in post #5
the chrome mudguards remind me of all the chrome bling on my 1960s Lambretta scooter - I loved it when I was 16 but not as a pensioner.........!.!

Tut tut. What a BOG Mike. So no red flares and a Who Tee shirt for you then? You should still be flying the flag against grey people
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
SOULBLUESMAN68 and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:29 pm
by GT runner | 291 Posts

Thanks to Mike, Colin and Alan for all your helpful comments and obs. I’m off for an arm wrestle with Cameron now to discuss the silver pack, shiny mudflaps and all things 2023 - but NOT those curtains ! Robbie

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:12 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Roger

I'm trying to imagine our lovely silver 540GT with banks of chrome mirrors and spotlights and a 10 foot radio aerial attached to the pop-top..................

Don't think Kath would be very impressed. Even if I towed in the little black beret I used on my in the place of a helmet, which in my adolescent bravado, I fastened onto my chrome rear luggage carrier.........................victory of style over health & safety

Ah those were the days

Mike

Randa france, eribanaut and Simboc2004 like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:14 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Had to visit AL this week, insurance had finally settled our claim, had a look at the new 2023 models have to say that in my opinion the internals look horrendous certainly not to our taste whoever thought that a white toilet door with the other woodwork being dark is pleasing to the eye is on another planet. All the chrome looks very bling and again not to our taste. Took one look in the other model and closed the door immediately horrendous.
A new 2023 to our 2022 spec would be in the region of £35k a large increase in the £27k we paid for ours last year!
Would stress it's just our opinion.
Whilst we were there Cameron made us feel a little better to the self inflicted damage on ours by showing us another new one in for repair that had caught a post on the rear nearside panels, if it is one of the posters on here you have my deepest sympathy

2022 Troll 530, Volvo XC60 2,4 R design

Yesterday is just a memory, tomorrow's never what it's supposed to be
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

It’s all to personal taste I suppose changing your van out for a different colour and furniture, I did something similar with my 2012 Familia GT for a 2015 Familia GT. Even though the layout was the same the silver colour was pleasing on the eye like a mini airstream, the cabinets were better use of the space, the toilet with a bench seat was a lot easier to use, the toilet door swung 180 degrees instead of 90. The 2015 was a lot easier to live with, plus I got a good price for my old van. If you like the new van and ticks all the boxes go for it, my only concern for the 2023 van and it may be unfounded is that it has no kick up at the back and for me it would probably catch on the camber of the road getting it into my drive.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105772 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3