Truma Heater Vent Cowling.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:43 am
by Randa france | 12.864 Posts

An interesting converstation currently going on on Eribafolk Facebook which I though useful to add to the forum..

One of our Portugese members has modified his Truma chimney outlet thus:-

plastic exhaust pipe.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Now I know nothing about the rights and the wrongs of this so perhaps some folk can enlighten me.

The debate that followed goes like this:-

Translated from Portugese.

It was a mistake you made, this old fireplace is from the heating and the other one is from the exhaust
The exhaust pipe can't stand the heat released by heating
There is going to be trouble

Also:-
How to kill yourself, mess with something you know nothing about. There is not enough “free space” on the terminal so the Products of combustion are not going to be able to disperse with that terminal. They will probably back up and smother the burner or the fumes will be released into space thereby killing you. You must only use the original as it has been designed specifically so you live

Correct , that chimney is to be used with exhaust because air is forced out of the engine
Besides that fireplace can't handle the heat of heating.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

RE: Truma Heater Vent Cowling.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:33 am
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Looks like a nice idea, but I'd have thought the "draw" would be reduced and the exhaust gases could not escape fully. The side vent slats on the original allow a cross flow of air that will draw the exhaust gases. The cowling mushroom type droop of the replacement lacks this.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Randa france, scouteralf and SOULBLUESMAN68 like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Truma Heater Vent Cowling.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:00 pm
by Simboc2004 | 648 Posts

What's the problem with the original? Worry about rain going in the slots and down the tube?

Poppy, our 2005 Eriba 430GT, leading our Volvo V70 astray...
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105593 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0