Anti freeze in flush tank?

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:11 pm
by monoboard | 350 Posts

At some point i'm going to have to park my eriba against a wall for a couple off days and need to fill the flush tank in advance before i start using it. Does anyone put any antifreeze of any form in the flush tank.
When i'm using the caravan it will be warm enough it's just the few days either side of my trip when i might struggle to have time to drain etc

Scroll up

RE: Anti freeze in flush tank?

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:25 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

I wonder if you could add some salt?

Skoda Karoq 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I'm not sure how your toilet seals would react with a chemical, that I'm guessing would be a Glycol base.
Why not pre-mix your flush fluid in a 2L water bottle and empty it into the caravan tank on arrival. It would take seconds to do. You can then keep the same bottle to drain down.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm
by monoboard | 350 Posts

I wasn’t sure how much the flush tank holds or how much use but when the caravan is in place I won’t be able to that side of the caravan and just wondered how seals & electric pump would cope with a glycol added, if there’s any risk I’d have to re think it

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:39 pm

The other alternative that I have heard of is not to use the flush reservoir at all. Fill up a spray bottle and give the bowl a good squirt with this after use.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 and monoboard like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:07 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I don't use the flush tank. I fill a bottle with pink mix and flush with that. The flush on our loo is the most pathetic little squirt.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:06 am

I wonder how many owners still use the pink stuff in the flush tank. I believe the pink liquid is the main culprit in creating the blank gunge that forms in the flush tank. I moved to the green Elsan some years ago and had no such issues.

Colin

Simboc2004 and monoboard like this post!
Last edited Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:04 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105591 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1