Kampa Prestige [generic] Caravan Cover

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

I initially contacted Kampa for sizes on the cover. I wanted to know the actual length of the top on the smallest cover they do. They did not know as it was in a box and could not or would not measure it. Usual Kampa customer service. I took the plunge when I found an old thread where somebody had fitted this cover to a Triton.

Here is the technical info, you are looking at the 881300:- https://www.kampa.co.uk/storage-covers/caravan-covers
I bought mine on e-bay for £80.50 inc carriage from tenthire1 - Phone:1922634808 - Email:info@tenthirewestmidlands.co.uk
Ordered late Tuesday afternoon, arrived Thursday am.

I decided against a made to measure on grounds of cost and having a bike rack fitted [yes you can get one made to accommodate this] that I did not want to remove from its van mounts. I do not mind removing the main rack body via the pivot bolts though as this is easy to do. This will leave two tall D handle type bars permanently attached to the van with no sharp corners. The cover is a nice quality material [are AL covers made by same company?] and has a zip up each corner. I think this is unusual for a generic cover as they are usually designed for UK door side vans. Elastication around base and straps seem good.

I did a loose fit on the van, with roof up and roof down. It will accommodate either set-up with the cycle rack attached. I will use pipe insulation over the Kampa awning gutter strip and a tennis ball in the flue hole.

Note, if you have a Troll I believe this will fit. I say this as you will see the bike rack extends considerably. It is in fact just over 40cm and not the 30cm it appears to be in the photo.

I plan to store the van under a caravan port and eventually in a [dusty] garage so will do the straps up. If storing outside I would probably get a couple of extra straps to pull the front and back tighter so it does not catch in the wind.

1 - top up side view-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
2 - top up front view-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
3 - top down side view-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
4 - back rolled up to show bike carrier-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
5 - bike carrier projection-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
6 - top pivot for removal-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
7 - bottom pivot for removal-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
8 - pipe insulation on gutter strip 3.4m for Triton-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
9 - box label-800.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Randa france, , , cruickie and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Kampa Prestige [generic] Caravan Cover

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:58 pm
by Digby (deleted)

Thanks for that ... all good info. 👍
Seems that for a good fit I have to spend money that I had set aside to pay for my energy fuel bills. !!
Perhaps i should live in the caravan and sell the house ??

Last edited Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:59 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:56 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

For the last few months following our move I've had no real internet capability. Several questions have come up over this period about covers, so I thought a couple of updated photos may be of use as Open Reach have finally blessed us with a line after 14 weeks..
I covered our Eriba up towards the end of Sept as we were going nowhere. Our new location in Devon catches the winds from the west and we have experienced strong rain as well.
The generic cover is strapped into place with a few straps and all has held tight. If you do not want or need quick access then a generic cover such as this is a good and affordable option, especially if you have a bike rack bolted to the back of the van, as we do.

P1050656-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1050657-1600.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

addisb likes this post!
Last edited Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:57 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:11 pm
by addisb | 169 Posts

Hi Colin,
Like you, we purchased an identical cover. I had a Protec which after 3 years went like damp tissue. I got their current price for a replacement but decided against due to the cost. In fairness, the ease of putting it ( the Protec ) on and the access door are quite handy but to my mind the new one is from the same if not slightly heavier fabric, at a fraction of the cost. So time will be the judge.
Chris

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12515 topics and 105591 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2