New 430 Owners

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:00 pm
by GemTL (deleted)

Hello everyone

We picked up our 430 60th edition in September as a sort of joint 40th Birthday present to ourselves. Me and my wife, Emma, are Long seasoned campers, having worked our way up from a small 4 man tent almost 18 years ago when we were skint students, to finally buying our first tourer, a Go-Pod in 2019.

I loved the little pod and it's quirkiness - we spent a lot of time personalising it and making it our own as it was a few years old when we got it. I also loved the fact that it was so small we could keep it on the drive for quick get-aways, but my wife wanted more space (we have three mini schnauzers and she always drew the short straw of standing outside in the rain with them while I made the bed up). She'd always wanted an Eriba, so we compromised and got the 430, which was the biggest we could keep at home. Our Go-Pod (The Flamingo Pod) is now in the process of being sold to a new owner. I am sad to see her go and hoping that i will grow to love the Eriba just as much. Wifey is reluctant for me to do any personalising with it being brand new, but I will talk her round, I'm sure!

We both work in education (secondary and HE) so we're limited to weekend breaks and school holidays, but we're looking forward to seeing where you all get to on your travels and picking up any hints and tips for our new van.

Gem

Last edited Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:14 pm | Scroll up

RE: New 430 Owners

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Gem, we are on our 4th Eriba and 2nd Triton 430. I taught secondary for 35 years before retiring early. We started going to France with our two boys in trailer tent back in 2001. We have only missed a couple of years abroad, due to Covid. To us France was a no brainer. The ferry and extra insurance costs are easily recouped if you go away for more than two weeks, something you should hopefully be able to manage. For short breaks CL's are the way to go. Only problem with any of this was we always had to book well in advance.
As regards the personalisation of your new van, I suppose it's down to how professional your DIY looks. Like nay I've made several. These ar those to our current 430 purchased new back in feb 2017. 2017 Triton 430 - extras and modifications

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:54 pm
by GemTL (deleted)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Colin. I'd love to go to France in ours but I am not able to drive, so Em would be towing and she is less keen! We'll get there eventually. I love that little heater that you've installed - such a great idea. You've given me lots to think about!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:20 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Obviously the towing In France could be an issue. I like many others on the forum would say it is easier than in the UK. Traffic density is lower and folk seem to be in less of a hurry, possibly because it's in the summer. Long journeys are an absolute delight even though we tend towards taking the non toll roads that often taken you through villages. You can quite easily average 50+ mph on these roads with lots of Aires to stop and take a break. Cheap fuel is readily available on the outskirts of towns at the enormous supermarkets that offer large car parks great for when you have a caravan on the back.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:59 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

from other , older 430 owners..... us and the van, I suppose LOL

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:06 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

to the Forum and the wonderful world of Eriba.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:56 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:28 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1