New 540 on order

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:38 pm
by Richard Martin (deleted)

Hi, I have ordered a new 540 Legend for delivery in the spring as part of my retirement plan. I won’t be retiring for a few years yet but I’ve just changed jobs and I now get weekends off which I rarely had with my old job, so decided to order one early. I live near Cambridge and plan to spend some weekends in Suffolk and Norfolk as well as holidays further afield. Really looking forward to being an Eriba owner, but I confess I have never tried a caravan or camper van holiday before. Any help and advice gratefully received.

Randa france and Fitzy like this post!
Scroll up

RE: New 540 on order

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Richard, and I'm sure you will get lots of advice.
As regards your Eriba, have a mover fitted, do not buy an awning but get an Isabella Shadow Canopy for the meantime, buy the best chairs you can find and use bits and pieces from the house for your first few trips very close to home. You will then get an idea of exactly what you need.
Look at insurance cover, starting with Lifesure, Ripe, Cover4Caravans and SAGA. You will probably need both a hitchlock and wheelclamp.
Join the Caravan & Motorhome Club, not for the excellent insurance they offer at 2 to 3 times the cost of others, but the networks of CL's they offer., typically around £20 a night. There main sites are very popular but prices are now typically £45 a night. The continental travel insurance and breakdown cover they offer in the UK is excellent.
A site in Norfolk you may like is a C&MC CL we have visited twice when we lived in Essex.. https://www.churchfarmcottagesnorfolk.co.uk/
I'd also advise looking at https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ for sites in the UK and on the continent to visit. They have a very useful search facility with lots of filters and many reviews that give a good idea what to expect.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
scouteralf and Fitzy like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:00 pm
by Richard Martin (deleted)

Thanks for the advice Colin. We have ordered a Thule awning with ours but your advice is most welcome.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:52 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

The Thule is a great idea. You will have a wonderful canopy but also the ability at a later date to fit a full awing if you wanted.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5