ACSI on-line booking

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:29 pm
by Tinkerbelle | 28 Posts

The ACSI books have just arrived and I’d be grateful for some advice on booking sites via https://www.campingcard.co.uk/. (I used ACSI a lot pre-covid but never booked a site on-line.)

I thought I’d try a dummy on-line booking (for June) just to see how the process works. Advice on how to book on-line is given on pages 22-23 of the books, but once a site's page opens (as shown on the sample image on page 23), it doesn’t have the “Book now” or “Availability and prices” buttons.

Can someone tell me if I’m doing something wrong, or is it perhaps just too early to be make a booking?

Scroll up

RE: ACSI on-line booking

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:58 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

We have never made a booking at an ACSI site. As the discounts are only available during the low season, pitches are usually available when you just turn up in June or September. This way you have the freedom to move on if a site doesn't suit you or the weather is bad or alternatively you can extend your stay if the site ticks all your boxes.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

b2nun, Randa france and eribanaut like this post!
Last edited Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:59 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:29 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Until last year I would be in total agreement with above comment, but we had problems in NL for June/July period when ACSI discounts were available.
If you wanted a stay of a few days then no problem, but if you wanted a 7 day stay then think again. Some of the sites we looked at had only 3 or 4 pitches available when we looked in March, so we booked.
We did not do this through ACSI but went direct. We paid a deposit and booking fee [that bit always annoys me] then on arrival showed ACSI card and price was re-calculated and balance paid. I think for one site we sent a photo of ACSI card and they worked correct price out from the start.
If you can book through the ACSI website then do it. For the site we stayed at this was not available so we had to pay an IBAN bank transfer fee [that also annoys me due to the admin cost]

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:39 pm

Just found “ALL / BOOKABLE” option buttons on the ACSI website map. So, problem solved: the sites I looked at must be closed for the winter and not in a position to take bookings.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:23 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Just for your own peace of mind Tinkerbelle can you tell us which site you are looking at for June so that we can see how busy it's likely to be?
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:08 am

Sorry Randa, don’t quite understand your question. We are heading (from Edinburgh) to Strasbourg (for a week’s stay on a site that I know isn’t ASCI), but I’m looking at the possibles for up to 4-5 ASCI sites (in France/Belgium/Luxembourg) for 1 or 2 night stops there and back.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:39 pm
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

No worries it's just that I think that you'll get no problems with ACSI sites being full during June, especially in the northern regions of France and also in Belgium and Luxembourg.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:22 pm

I think you're probably right. Thanks for that.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0