Posting in a section of the forum that won't let you reply to posts made there.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:15 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

One of our more prolific posters messaged me and Colin (EribaMotters) last week to say that he can no longer answer threads on this forum.

I've had a look around and can find no reason why he has been singled out.

Amendment to title of original thread. 20th January 2023 titled "Help Required Please"
I have removed the request for members to help clear up a concern regarding some members not being able to reply to threads and thank everyone who participated. I have decided to leave some of the observations live however because of Pete's (Pepe le Pew's) considered explanation as to why this is happening

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:28 pm | Scroll up

RE: Help required please.

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:36 pm
by GrandpaP | 35 Posts

i can read and reply, however concerning the post by a chap asking what thickness his troll bed boards should be i had a similar issue to colin in that the forum would not let me reply to that post. Sent a pm instead.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:32 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: GrandpaP wrote in post #2
i can read and reply, however concerning the post by a chap asking what thickness his troll bed boards should be i had a similar issue to colin in that the forum would not let me reply to that post. Sent a pm instead.
I had a look, and the post you're referring to was probably this one.

It was originally posted in a section of the forum that won't let you reply to posts made there. I've moved it now.

Having a section like that was a deliberate choice; the intention was (and still is) that peeps could post a link to something relevant rather than start a new thread per se.

New threads have a tendency to wander off at tangents - not that there's anything wrong with that; meandering threads are often the best kind - so we thought it might be a good idea to have a section where this didn't happen.

For what it's worth, there is a sticky in each of the threads in the links section (the section I'm referring to) which explains this.

I'm not suggesting that people don't bother to read the stickies, but the fact is that people don't bother to read the stickies.

Me included, and I wrote that one.

It isn't a big deal - if you want to reply to something in the links section that shouldn't really be there, just let one of the highly-trained admin team know and we'll happily move it to where everybody can reply.

We could always redo that links section if it is turning into a massive pain in the arse, but by and large it seems to work okay.

And anyway, redoing that section would be a massive pain in the arse, so we'd rather not...

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:40 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.074 Posts

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #25

New threads have a tendency to wander off at tangents -

I love a bit of trigonometry

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:09 am
by Frantone | 102 Posts

Some of the tangential threads can become parabolics though!

Eriba Troll 540GT. 2019. Our sixth Eriba! Loved them all.
Scroll up

Posting in a section of the forum that won't let you reply to posts made there..

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:44 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

Amendment to title of original thread. 20th January 2023 titled "Help Required Please"
I have removed the request for members to help clear up a concern regarding some members not being able to reply to threads and thank everyone who participated. I have decided to leave some of the observations live however because of Pete's (Pepe le Pew's) considered explanation as to why this is happening.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR

Last edited Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:29 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105650 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1