RE: South Wales

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:00 am
by Randa france | 12.874 Posts

Battered cockles Mike? Yes but don't forget the laverbread, a special treat with cockles and sausage (or bacon).
R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: South Wales

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:40 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi Roger

We had them at the Rake & Riddle pub just outside Gowerton, and they came with a dip & some salad. They were just the job with a local pint.

I was brought up in Barrow-in-Furness and spent many a happy hour as a child on Morecambe Bay sands cockling with my Dad. We used to eat them in all sorts of ways but we never had them battered and deep fried.

I will have to try the lava bread & bacon idea.

In Barrow there is one surviving butcher (Masons of Rawlingson Street) still making the traditional Cumberland sausage to the handed down Co-op Society recipe. It's a different flavour and texture to the Cumberland sausage you get in the Lakes. Every time I go to visit my family in Barrow I bring back 6 foot of it and put it in the freezer. Now you have got me thinking about some cockles with some grilled Cumberland sausage. Sounds yummy

Mike

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105663 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4