Adrian Flux - Caravan Insurance - UPDATE, also Grove & Dean

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:40 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I have used the company many years ago for car insurance and know of others who still use them.
It is that time of year again and I'm shopping around. Currently with Cover4Caravans I've looked at Lifesure who I had used for many years and Ripe. The three are fairly similar and far cheaper than anybody else. Using Go-Compare threw up some very cheap quotes from unknown companies and then Adrian Flux. At £202 for £23,500 of cover, £250 x/s, Europe, 2 x security devices etc I am very tempted as it's about £40/50 cheaper than the big three.
Does anybody have experience of their caravan insurance?

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:37 am | Scroll up

RE: Adrian Flux - Caravan Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:25 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Ripe. I’ve now insured with them for the last three years. This year is £190 - £25K new-for-old, includes European cover and stored in a CaSSOA Gold facility. Have never claimed but their customer service gets good reviews. One quirk. The premium started out a lot more expensive so I negotiated and dropping the requirement for a replacement caravan for a up to a couple of weeks reduced the premium by around £50. However it may have been that they were looking for a convenient “excuse” to bring the premium down.to match another quote I had.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:37 pm

There was a reason I discounted Ripe. I think it may have been the requirement for a 3rd security device but I cannot find my bit of paper now.
I've just come across a real curve ball. When on GoCompare two quotes came up at £137.90, Performance Direct along with Grove and Dean. They are both the same company and I discounted them as I did not recognise the name. I've just clicked on them and read up. they are underwritten by Aviva, include Legal Protection and European Cover.
I think I'll be on the phone a lot next week.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:43 pm
by Captain Calamity | 349 Posts

Blimey! That is cheap. I will watch this space to see how you get on. By the by, Ripe asked me for two (unspecified) security devices and were happy with Milenco wheel and hitch locks.

scouteralf likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Adrian Flux - Caravan Insurance - UPDATE, also Grove & Dean

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:41 am

I have spoken to Grove & Dean this morning and enquired about upgrading to a New for Old policy, expecting a big hike and further protective measures.
They came back with £165.90. I asked if this was based on the £29K I had worked out on the Eriba site and he said no, it does not matter, you would get a new version of your van no matter what the cost. The C&MC want £850 for that cover.
I also got clarification on Personal effect basically means clothes and exempts electrical devices [£1000].
Equipment would be the stuff attached and in the van you need such as mover, chairs, crockery, bedding etc.[£2000]
The awning is a separate item [£500]
I've chosen the figures in brackets.
I've posted on the C&MC forum for feedback but so far nothing.

Colin

Captain Calamity, Simboc2004 and like this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:38 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4