RE: New Eriba Bed height

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:07 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi John

We have the 540 with the multi function beds. These are slightly longer and the wardrobe is slightly smaller. This gives you a configuration where you can have:

a) 2 separate single beds with a wide gap in between - this was how we slept the very first night we got the van

b) you pull the slats and legs out on one side so you can have one half width bed and the other stays as a single - this gives a narrow gap between them

c) put both slats and legs out and create one enormous king size bed across the width of the van. This then gives you an option of sleeping lengthways in the van so you both can get out to the toilet in the night without any climbing over each other. Or you can sleep across the van which is what we usually do.

In c) the bed is enormous so that when our young grandchildren stay they both sleep in this bed with Kath and I sleep in the bed made up i n the front dinette.

This 540 with the muli-function bed is the second of the layout diagrams of the 540 model shown in the Eriba layout chart.

The large dining table can lay under the double bed at night or you can store it under the single bed on the kitchen side. However we often leave it up in the awning and eat most of our meals on it.

We love the layout and when we don't have the bed up we often fall asleep whilst reading a book laid on the single bench seats.

Hope this is useful for you. Don't hesitate to Private message me if you need any more info

Cheers
MikeT

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:21 am
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

Just in case you're not aware, the 540 has two options for the lounge/bed area when new.
The standard is with no central chest and a big one folding leg table that hooks on below the rear window. The bed/s make two singles the width of the benches or a double. The cost option is the system I described upthread, with the removable central chest and a freestanding table that can be positioned where you want, even for a barbecue in the garden. HTH

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:07 am
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi John

This second one that Andy describes above is the one that we have. it really is very versatile in lots of ways

We have the central chest but if you do get this model beware leaving anything important in it like your dominoes or latest novel and then put the full bed out, as your book or does are stuck until you put the bed down again. This may sound trivial but we have frustratingly done it loads of times - slow learner.

We also love the freestanding table in this model and we use it loads outside the van in summer.

I don't remember us paying any more for this model than the other but I might be wrong - it is several years ago that we bought it.

It sounds as if it might be a good choice in your circumstances

MikeT

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:48 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Hymer want to rob you £540 extra for the set-up now Mike.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:06 pm
by Steamdrivenandy | 1.011 Posts

I've seen folk on here who remove the central cabinet door so they can access the inside when the beds made up. The only trouble then is you have to remember to empty the space before travelling or anything in there ends up on the floor.

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line

Skoda Karoq 1.5 Petrol DSG and a 420. A Bailey Phoenix + 420, with oven, microwave, shower cubicle, solar panel, ATC and external gas point.
SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 5 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0