in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:49 am
by Davewhitfield (deleted)

Good morning. I’ve been thinking of joining Eribafolk for several years but finally decided to get on board. I’m an owner of a 2019 Eriba 550GT Touring Troll (Purchased new from AVL Tebay UK). We bought it with a fixed bed in the rear as the rear dinette that converts to bed was not what we wanted. It’s our second Troll as we purchased an Eriba 540GT Touring Troll from ALV in 2017 it was 5 years old when we got it.

I’ve joined Eriba Folk as we (my wife and I) were looking at changing to a Knaus Sudwind 500PF as we had been to the NEC Caravan event in Birmingham in February.

We have decided we can’t change as we love our 550GT and we now want to enhance it for more comfort to keep it longer maybe forever lol. I’ve recently given the exterior a really good valet but still require to wax it. So we have both fallen in love with her again. We have had a walker, suncamp and currently have a Dometic Kampa365 pop air awning from 2019. We are deciding on the right mover to be installed to help with leveling the van. Parking it’s ok as I’m ex military with plenty of LGV experience towing and reverse parking etc…. I just have difficulty when setting it level ( using a fiama three stage ramp). Hopefully joining the group will help me gain the knowledge I require to enhance her by adding movers and upgrading the water heating and learn more about the things I find I have issues with.

Thank you for letting me join.

GT runner, Randa france, Darren and Simboc2004 like this post!
Last edited Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:54 am | Scroll up

RE: New member

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:45 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:59 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Dave. I've just answered your other post about getting on the roof.
As regards the mover, I think ALV prefer Powertouch, whilst others generally fit Reich. From your registered details I cannot see where you are located, but I'd advise contacting https://www.caravanmoversonline.co.uk/index.html and https://www.midlandmotormovers.co.uk/ The price will be higher than you had hoped for as special brackets are required. £1,200 ish, I think. Both may well undercut ALV on price.
For hot water, electric seems the most popular choice, but you will obviously need an outside fill or onboard tank so the boiler does not run dry. We have the on-board tank on our current van and had it on the previous two. We find at 35-40L it will last a couple of days. Your choice of retro fit hot water is basically the Truma Therme at about 5L or Propex at 10L. The Propex I fitted to previous Eriba had the advantage of this larger capacity and variable water temperature. In practice the lack of these on the Truma is not a problem. It takes 15 minute to warm up from cold and gives a good couple of bowls washing up water. The larger capacity is not needed as you cannot realistically have a shower in the van. You are fortunate in having a newer van as the taps can already cope with hot and cold feed and this will save you a few hundred pounds.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:44 am
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:03 am
by granddadgrape | 1.562 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:46 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Hi Dave and welcome to Eribafolk It's good to have you on board.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:39 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

Hi Dave, for levelling the van have you looked at the Lock n Level system? We have one and think it's a great bit of kit compared to ramps.

Chas.

Skoda Karoq 2.0 Diesel 4x4, 2020 540 Troll GT.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:50 pm

Colin

Thanks for the reply. I’ve updated my profile I live in Durham. I have a truma therme 5litre hot water tank and on board water tank with the whale pump to pump water from my roller into the van.

The guy who serviced my van fits the powertouch movers. Will I need a special bracket for it to fit? Where would I get these brackets from ad what sort of price are they.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:25 pm

Dave you will need special brackets on whichever mover you go for because the Eriba chassis differs to normal vans. Your service guy should be able to source them for you.

Colin

edit - You could try making contact here https://www.powrtouch.com/shop-by-catego...freedom/page/3/ and ask for advice.

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:31 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi Chas I’ve not heard of the lock in system do you have any links or images of it.

Thanks in advance Dave

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:48 pm

Dave, it is basically a blow up cushion. I must say I've used a Froli [also marketed by Maypole] levelling ramp and choc for many years. This replaced the Fiamma ramp I had for a few years which do not have the chock system.
The 3 stage ramps are good for motorhomes when dealing with the long distance between vehicle axles but not as well suited to the smaller cross axle adjustments needed with a caravan. This is where the Froli ramp works well, along with a couple of wooden pads for extra lift underneath if needed.

Colin

Website here.

Last edited Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:54 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:46 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom and Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:22 pm

Hi Colin the Guy who services my van has given me price for the powertouch evolution auto and manual. Auto with Eriba kit is £1,060.00 fitted nearly £400 cheaper than ALV. I’m trying to get it booked in now or before April as the prices are about to go up.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:42 pm

I'd call that a very good result. Hopefully al will go well and you can share his details.
Just a thought, ask if it possible to relocate the isolation switch. It is usually located in the panel underneath the bed so you have to crawl along the floor to turn it on/off. Some folk have had it fitted closer to the door. You could ask about having it fitted so you can access it from the underneath bed locker hatch.

Colin

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:11 pm

Hi Colin. My leisure battery is in the very front under the dinette seat. It’s adjacent to the gas bottle locker. I wonder if the isolation switch could be located in the gas locker? mmmm food for thought. Ill ask him.

My last van 540GT had the isolation switch in the van next to the leisure battery. I always thought what a stupid place to install it as if you unhitched you would unbalance the van trying to turn it in lol.

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3