Walker Touring Plus Awning - erect

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:44 pm
by WaMa (deleted)

Hi Folks,

We have just brought a Walker Touring Plus Awning for our Eriba Triton 430GT and are planning our first trip with it next week. I seem to remember there was some very helpful advise on how to erect the awning on the forum. Unfortunately I now cannot locate the thread!!

I would be very grateful if anyone who has a walker awning could advise if there is a quick and foolproof way to erect.

Thanks Maggie

Scroll up

RE: Walker Touring Plus Awning - erect

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:05 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Putting up a traditional frame awning of any make on an Eriba is fairly standard.
- Do not put the pop top up
- Slide the awning fabric into the awning channel and throw it up onto the roof out of the way
- Lay framework parts out on the floor next to the van.
- Erect perimeter framework with front legs hinged 1/2 way up and the end roof poles hooked into locating lugs on van - This is a two person job
- Fold the awning fabric over the frame, hook into place where needed and unhinge the front legs so they are now near full height.
- Fit extra roof poles and put some tension into the fabric.
- Peg down fabric nearest to van and at extreme corners.
- Re-tension poles/fabric, adjust this pegging as needed and then peg remaining points.
- You can now put the caravan roof up.
- Relax, stop swearing and have a drink.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Walker Touring Plus Awning - erect

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:46 am
by Randa france | 12.872 Posts

Here is an a pole assembly illustration drawn and posted by Mal Nicholson:-

g8p2117-Walker-Instructions.html

Also there are some good photos of the Walker on page 6 of of the Awning Gallery:- g8-Eriba-Awnings-p6.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match . FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105656 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0