Bathroom Door (Forever Young Troll 2009)

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 02, 2023 6:20 pm
by parsonswench | 2 Posts

Has anybody managed a solution to stop the Bathroom Door swinging back to far and forcing the screws in the hinges?

Scroll up

RE: Bathroom Door (Forever Young Troll 2009)

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 02, 2023 6:29 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

The new Eriba’s have 180 degree hinges which fold flat against the cupboard. My last Familia had 90 degree hinges and they were a pain to get past when the door was open and Like you said for straining the hinge. It may be worth changing yours out?

4BC891C8-8143-4F96-90E0-980244BDC7C8.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 02, 2023 6:30 pm | Scroll up

RE: Bathroom Door (Forever Young Troll 2009)

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 03, 2023 12:09 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.116 Posts

Hi parsonswench

We had this problem with the bathroom door on our 2016 Troll I changed the screws on the top catch thinking it might help which it did for a few weeks.

Someone on the Forum (I can't remember who) suggested a really simple solution that has worked ever since when we travel.

This was getting a piece of narrow foam plumbers pipe insulation for a few pounds and cutting a small piece off to go over the top edge of the door and where the shower curtain fits. When you park up it comes off in a jiffy and we keep it in the cubby hole to the right hand side of the door. The only problem we have had is a couple blowing away through the main door when I have dropped it on the floor when opening it................!

I will send you a photo if I can load one up.

Good luck

MikeT

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 30 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4