Bulkhead Regulator to bottle hose, pressure release valve thing.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 9:07 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

I had a new hose fitted last year at service time. When my bottle is turned on I can detect a slight smell in the gas locker. When I turn the bottle off it goes. So I'm looking at the hose and pressure release valve thing.
I'm obviously removing the bottle and hose when I sell my van, so the question is do I have to have the same set-up next time?
I was thinking of a hand turn fitting on end of hose to bottle and no pressure release button.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

RE: Bulkhead Regulator to bottle hose, pressure release valve thing.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 9:49 am
by Tincanners (deleted)

Colin,

My preference would be EASY-FIT PROPANE STAINLESS STEEL HOSE As fitted
X2 to our last unit (not eriba) in giving us over 10 years trouble free service.Plus
many years of trouble free service left for its new owners.

Roy.

From the Leisureshop Direct website:

"The Easy-Fit handwheel eliminates the need to use a spanner, making changing
a bottle easy. Length:450mm

Made from Stainless Steel, the rubber free hose removes the possibility of oily
plasticiser residue from the rubber contaminating your regulator.The hose is built
to standard EN10380 and should be changed every 20 years.They fit onto the inlet
of all 30mbar caravan regulators using the W20 connection.

SAFETY NOTICE: Advise installed by engineers who hold a valid certificate of
competence. The installation must comply with the manufacturers instructions
and local regulations."

Simboc2004 likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 17, 2023 1:03 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 12:46 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Please Note:The Rubber washers on the regulator hose (see attached picture)
should be replaced every 2-3 years, which is an item that should be checked
during a service on your vehicle.The washers are not covered under the hoses
20 year warranty.

Roy.

stainless-steel-easyfit.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Wed May 17, 2023 1:03 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 1:18 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Hi Colin, to identify where the leak is coming from you could get a can of leak detection fluid which will save you guessing

A common failure with the Truma Gok bulkhead regulator is the over-pressure release valves leaking - these are under the small yellow caps on the regulator.

The LDF will soon identify where the problem is.

If it is a regulator fault I'd recommend you replace with one of these - cheaper and more reliable than the Truma.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 3:03 pm

I've been all over every joint with Gas Leak Detection Fluid and cannot find a leak.
I''ve discounted the bulkhead regulator as I have a T fed out of it and off the other branch my Campingaz feeds gas through without any smell.
With this in mind to me it has to be between regulator and bottle, ie hose and the in line pressure relief button.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed May 17, 2023 3:04 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 7:01 pm
by Tincanners (deleted)

Sorry Colin, I must have misunderstood your post reading "the question is do I have to have the same set-up next time?"
Why it comes to Gas leaks, after completing a course many years ago, unfortunately my only advice is to get it checked
out by qualified gas engineer, if indeed you need this fixed before you trade/sell to the dealer, or simply inform the dealer
of the fault, they will no doubt pick up on the pre-sales service anyway.

Regarding Stainless Steel gas hose, moving forward on your brand new Eriba, I can totally recommend as above. John E
is correct failure of gas regulators is common. However our past unit fitted with Stainless Steel hose, we never had a fail.
Although not proven it is said rubber hoses oil up regulators as mentioned above causing many gas faults.

Once again I'm sorry I cannot offer advice on a gas leak, on the forum. Rule number one for me; I'm out on this one.

Roy.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed May 17, 2023 7:21 pm

Roy, it is definitely not the regulator so I have no worries about trade in. If I do not need the in line pressure release valve thing that goes between the hose and the bottle then I'll bin the set-up and get a stainless hand turn hose without one for the new van.

Colin

Last edited Wed May 17, 2023 7:22 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu May 18, 2023 2:55 pm

I think I've identified the problem. Now I'm home I've removed the hosing and bottles, undone all the nuts and found no washer in the end of the hose that is fed from the push button release valve fitting that attaches to the bottle. I'll replace them all just for good measure.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0