BIP 36.12852.33 Manual request.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 20, 2023 6:28 pm
by Cromarty (deleted)

Hi All.
The inlaws have purchased a PUCKL/B a 2001 model we believe. It seemed to have allsorts or cables hanging under the side seat. I have tidied up most of them.

I am after a manual for the BIP 36.12852.33. I have found similar models but the one I have has 5 fuses.

The confusing thing is when running on mains 240Vac with the leisure battery disconnected the over seating lights work but when the battery is connected the relay switches and there is current drawn from the battery. The lights seem to be then on the 12Vdc as there is less mains flicker on the lights and when the mains is switched off the lights still stay on.

I have also found that the external socket had the live Brown cable and Neutral Blue cable swapped over which was detected on the 3 pin sockets inside. This doesn't seem to effect the above.

I take it the leisure battery is only charged when connected to the towing vehicle and moving. As it doesn't seem to charge when the mains is on.

Any assistance welcomed. New to the caravan world but have a history in electrical work. Blue was never positive and Brown negative.

Thanks

Rob.

Scroll up

RE: BIP 36.12852.33 Manual request.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 20, 2023 7:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome Rob, an electrical expert will be along soon, but in the mean time, trying to get my head around what you have said.
I believe you have a booster/charger set up. This feeds the battery that then feeds the lights. Feeding the power through the battery smooths the supply to the lights and they are less likely to flicker. This is particularly the case if running LED replacements to the standard fit halogen, that burn the top of your head.
The battery should charge when connected to the mains, so I'm guessing some switch needs to be flipped.
As regards blue and brown swap over, welcome to French electrics. On 230v this is fairly common, they did not worry.
On 12v blue is +ve and brown is -ve, don't ask me why, it does not make sense, it just is.

Colin

Forum Moderator. aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Simboc2004 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat May 20, 2023 8:04 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

doesn't the BIP run the 12V off a transformer when on the mains ?

2002 Eriba Touring Instruction Manual

Circuit diagrams at the end A-1
Steve

2004 copy is more legible
2004 Eriba Touring Instruction Manual

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Sat May 20, 2023 8:15 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:43 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

For some reason or other, Eribas use blue for positive and brown for negative. Took me a while to get used to it!

12Vdc that is.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0